eemri

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 Polestar Engineered
Clubs

On #5, does it transition to friction brakes below a certain speed or does it just regen brake to a stop? My model S gives up on regen around 10mph where my Mach-E would switch to friction brakes to bring me to a complete stop for true one pedal driving.
It regens to a complete stop (at least in High regen which is what I use all the time). I've had my truck about 6 days and i've used the friction brakes twice. Once to test them, and a second going from 3mph to 0mph as a cyclist came past me and I had to brake quickly and hard at low speed. Probably would have stopped with regen but old habit :) The regen on high is very powerful all the way down to 0.
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

#119xx here as well.

I to am experiencing pulling to the right, as well as some vibrations in the steering wheel around 60-70mph. I believe there is an alignment issue, and potentially a wheel balance issue. No suspension noises, yet...

Additionally, I've experienced the compressor to be running A LOT. A 15-minute trip to the grocery store, the compressor kicked on 6 times. Auto ride adjustment was OFF, and the vehicle was set to All-purpose Standard.

We must have been made at closing time on a Friday...

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
#119xx here as well.

I to am experiencing pulling to the right, as well as some vibrations in the steering wheel around 60-70mph. I believe there is an alignment issue, and potentially a wheel balance issue. No suspension noises, yet...

Additionally, I've experienced the compressor to be running A LOT. A 15-minute trip to the grocery store, the compressor kicked on 6 times. Auto ride adjustment was OFF, and the vehicle was set to All-purpose Standard.

I was having the compressor thing with my truck, too. It seemed to be running every drive whether I adjusted the suspension or not. Often it would be running after I stopped driving and got out of the truck. I dropped it off for service on Monday and they told me they'd be replacing that compressor entirely. I pick the truck up tomorrow, so we'll see if it's any better

OP
OP
itselectric

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
#119xx here as well.

I was having the compressor thing with my truck, too. It seemed to be running every drive whether I adjusted the suspension or not. Often it would be running after I stopped driving and got out of the truck. I dropped it off for service on Monday and they told me they'd be replacing that compressor entirely. I pick the truck up tomorrow, so we'll see if it's any better
I might have the compressor issue too. How does this sound?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

I might have the compressor issue too. How does this sound?
Maybe?! Its one of the items on my service visit so I'm looking forward to seeing what the find. I've owned many vehicles with air suspension, and mostly aftermarket - so I have experience with this type of stuff.

My thoughts:
The compressor is running frequently to maintain air pressure in the system. The system is losing air pressure because a leak exists in a right-side corner. With leaking pressure adjusting suspension geometry, this is causing the vehicle to pull right, as the geometry is no longer close to matching the driver side ride height.

Sponsored

OP
OP
itselectric

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
Maybe?! Its one of the items on my service visit so I'm looking forward to seeing what the find. I've owned many vehicles with air suspension, and mostly aftermarket - so I have experience with this type of stuff.

My thoughts:
The compressor is running frequently to maintain air pressure in the system. The system is losing air pressure because a leak exists in a right-side corner. With leaking pressure adjusting suspension geometry, this is causing the vehicle to pull right, as the geometry is no longer close to matching the driver side ride height.
Oh and my steering wheel vibrates at highway speeds. I chalked it up to really thick tires and crappy roads but threw it on a service ticket anyway.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
Clubs

Oh and my steering wheel vibrates at highway speeds. I chalked it up to really thick tires and crappy roads but threw it on a service ticket anyway.
No, it's not an isolated issue. Other have been experiencing vibrations as low as 45mph. It could be a number of things - wheel balance, bad tire(s), bad alignment, etc. Definitely make sure it's looked at.

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
You went from "VERY satisfied" to "I'm going to return it" in the span of 24 hours. Something is not adding up here.

OP
OP
itselectric

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
You went from "VERY satisfied" to "I'm going to return it" in the span of 24 hours. Something is not adding up here.
I updated the OP. I ended up taking it for longer drives yesterday afternoon/evening and all day today to really try and test it out. Nothing crazy or off road but tested different ride heights and things.

A lot of the initial issues I described regressed significantly today. By the end of the day, I was noticing much more suspension issues including the compressor running a lot while not changing heights. The sagging getting worse. The pulling getting worse, and the tocking/clicking noises getting louder/more frequent.

At the end of the day, I could wait until service reaches out and takes a look and hope that they can address or I return and I have a second order that I take delivery of in 6-12 months once some of these more driving-related kinks are worked out. That's all it comes down to.

I had to make the call tonight though. I decided to roll the dice and let service do their best to fix these issues. I really do like the truck otherwise and if we can get these corrected I'll have this vehicle for a long time. There's nothing else out currently that I would want or consider at this point.

Last edited:

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
Understood. Side note, just my opinion but rather than editing I think you should have kept your original comments as is and added a new post. It paints a very different picture and all information IS good.

Sponsored

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P100D, 98 TJ, Silverado SS, 18 Camaro 2SS
Occupation
IT
I updated the OP. I ended up taking it for longer drives yesterday afternoon/evening and all day today to really try and test it out. Nothing crazy or off road but tested different ride heights and things.

A lot of the initial issues I described regressed significantly today. By the end of the day, I was noticing much more suspension issues including the compressor running a lot while not changing heights. The sagging getting worse. The pulling getting worse, and the tocking/clicking noises getting louder/more frequent.

At the end of the day, I could wait until service reaches out and takes a look and hope that they can address or I return and I have a second order that I take delivery of in 6-12 months once some of these more driving-related kinks are worked out. That's all it comes down to.

I had to make the call tonight though. I decided to roll the dice and let service do their best to fix these issues. I really do like the truck otherwise and if we can get these corrected I'll have this vehicle for a long time. There's nothing else out currently that I would want or consider at this point.
The good news is if you get sick of it you can sell it to a dealer for 100k.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Also note if you return it within that 7 day window, then order a new one, you'll be getting that new one at the current pricing, not your old pricing (if you even got the original pricing)

OP
OP
itselectric

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
I'm just updating this thread to let everyone know that I got a call from Rivian service to schedule to take my vehicle in. Just for reference, it was around a two-day turnaround time and I did reach out to my guide the day I set up the tickets because I was unsure what the process was.

It looks like they will be able to get me in on November 1st. It sounds like there is around a 2-week or so wait for all of the parts.

He mentioned some of the issues he isn't sure what will need to be done so it is likely additional parts may need to be ordered once things are diagnosed.

I ended up having 12 tickets.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
I'm just updating this thread to let everyone know that I got a call from Rivian service to schedule to take my vehicle in. Just for reference, it was around a two-day turnaround time and I did reach out to my guide the day I set up the tickets because I was unsure what the process was.

It looks like they will be able to get me in on November 1st. It sounds like there is around a 2-week or so wait for all of the parts.

He mentioned some of the issues he isn't sure what will need to be done so it is likely additional parts may need to be ordered once things are diagnosed.

I ended up having 12 tickets.
If I makes you feel better, when I just brought my truck in for its initial service due to delivery items I noticed, my ticket showed like 5 items and underneath that "+17 more items". I didn't hold back. And to their credit, they addressed everything and I had my truck back in only 2 days! 2 F-ing days!

Brief list of issues I had
Rear bumper had to be replaced
Air compressor was replaced (it was running very frequently)
Front seats were replaced (because some of the leather wasn't properly seated in the seat back)
Suspension clunking noises were addressed
CV axles were either replaced or greased and tightened due to the clicking noise I often got
Paint damage on roof and driver's door
Gear tunnel PPF was peeling up
Tonneau cover was replaced (although it's still kind of not working)

Oh, and then they let me buy a second set of OEM wheels, which they installed for me and did the software update so the truck now recognizes that the 20" ATs are on there instead of the 21" AS.

And in all, aside from them saying I have the "updated" tonneau (it looks exactly the same as every other, and I had to pull it apart yesterday because it already got jammed), they addressed every problem and everything looks and feels great now.

OP
OP
itselectric

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
If I makes you feel better, when I just brought my truck in for its initial service due to delivery items I noticed, my ticket showed like 5 items and underneath that "+17 more items". I didn't hold back. And to their credit, they addressed everything and I had my truck back in only 2 days! 2 F-ing days!

Brief list of issues I had
Rear bumper had to be replaced
Air compressor was replaced (it was running very frequently)
Front seats were replaced (because some of the leather wasn't properly seated in the seat back)
Suspension clunking noises were addressed
CV axles were either replaced or greased and tightened due to the clicking noise I often got
Paint damage on roof and driver's door
Gear tunnel PPF was peeling up
Tonneau cover was replaced (although it's still kind of not working)

Oh, and then they let me buy a second set of OEM wheels, which they installed for me and did the software update so the truck now recognizes that the 20" ATs are on there instead of the 21" AS.

And in all, aside from them saying I have the "updated" tonneau (it looks exactly the same as every other, and I had to pull it apart yesterday because it already got jammed), they addressed every problem and everything looks and feels great now.
Great to hear! How long ago was the visit and how many miles do you have on it since?
Sponsored