Financing options?

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
When it comes to potential resale, I'm more concerned about the upcoming smaller battery pack than I am battery technology advancing.

I have no doubt there are people out there that would gladly buy a Rivian if only they were a little cheaper, and they are the ones who will buy the first vehicles to start to hit the used market in a few years. The lack of available vehicles in those first few years will help keep the market price elevated on used vehicles.

In other words, people with $50k will buy a used LE if the cheapest new option is $70k, even if that $70k version has a 500 mile range.

Add a smaller battery pack to the mix, and lower the price of entry into the new market, and my guess is the value of a used LE will drop, especially if there aren't other distinguishing factors, like unavailable features on the lower priced new vehicle, or expired federal tax credits.
Sponsored

My 1st Truck

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Insurance
I too may need to pull my deposit. I have always leased my cars, this is very disappointing. I may get the Volvo Polestar 2, very reasonable lease payments and very good reviews. I would think Rivian will need to evolve their financing options.Waiting to get a test ride soon.
I am in the same boat. I ordered a Polestar 2 with the performance package, reasonable lease terms. Got notification my car landed yesterday at the NY port, exciting they even sent me a picture of it coming down the ramp. I watched many youtube videos on it before deciding. Like the Google infotainment operating system,this may end up being the better choice for the next 3 years.

My 1st Truck

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Insurance
Gotcha, yup those are good points - will need to pay interest on that $7.5k if financed, and tax can add up too. Agree that it's not a straight $7.5k reduction.

It makes a lease/subscription option slightly more attractive because Rivian will presumably subtract the full 7.5k from your lease payments, correct?
That's what Volvo Polestar 2 does on their leases. Good deal if you are in the market for that car. They have a 64% residual and .01 finance charge. On a $72,000 car with $1500 delivery and origin charge for a 36 month lease comes out to around $880 a month with good credit. Lots of other companies do that too with the $7500 credit. Audi does it too.
Sponsored