Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Shamelessly stolen from Plugshare. Looks like they finally have chargers being set up in Grayling! No idea how long it will be before they are live. I missed the other person posting photos here.
Rivian R1T R1S Finally RAN Grayling is ONLINE! 1074278

Hoping they actually finish it before the end of April so I can get some free juice!
Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Thatā€™s a long wait from OP. Hope they get fired up s00n.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm hoping it means they are trying to focus on supplying hardware to an area before moving on to other areas. The west coast has pretty decent coverage now but outside of that and colorado, there's no RAN stations at all. This one station will be pretty well placed to enable travel across Michigan for various routes, SE to NW, SW and SE to the UP. The UP down. The other stations will be important if you're traveling with a trailer, but most people aren't doing that in the winter months unless you're going snowmobiling.

Yeah, all that stuff is doable on EA but with how much people complain about them, it'll be nice to have an alternative for those folks.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Has anyone checked the Saginaw location lately? It was at a similarly stalled stage of construction as Grayling. Perhaps it has equipment now too and they'll open simultaneously like the ones in Oregon.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Has anyone checked the Saginaw location lately? It was at a similarly stalled stage of construction as Grayling. Perhaps it has equipment now too and they'll open simultaneously like the ones in Oregon.
Same person checked Saginaw as the photo I posted on Feb 4th, looks like nothing changed since I was up there a few weeks ago. I imagine we could see rapid progress though, Rivian was lighting up a new station every couple weeks in CA.

Sponsored

Kheires

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, X3M Comp, Travato 59K
Same person checked Saginaw as the photo I posted on Feb 4th, looks like nothing changed since I was up there a few weeks ago. I imagine we could see rapid progress though, Rivian was lighting up a new station every couple weeks in CA.
i am heading up today. I can swing by it and snap some photos. wish these stations were up and running and the new update was release for some more range....

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

i am heading up today. I can swing by it and snap some photos. wish these stations were up and running and the new update was release for some more range....
I actually stopped in over night. No progress there in saginaw. Also tagging @timf

At least the parking lot is very well lit.
Rivian R1T R1S Finally RAN Grayling is ONLINE! 1675865688693

Kheires

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I actually stopped in over night. No progress there in saginaw. Also tagging @timf

At least the parking lot is very well lit.
1675865688693.png
oh wow thanks for the quick update. wont waste my time then haha. will stop at the ypsilanti EA station. saw a lordstown truck there a couple weeks ago

Kheires

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm hoping it means they are trying to focus on supplying hardware to an area before moving on to other areas. The west coast has pretty decent coverage now but outside of that and colorado, there's no RAN stations at all. This one station will be pretty well placed to enable travel across Michigan for various routes, SE to NW, SW and SE to the UP. The UP down. The other stations will be important if you're traveling with a trailer, but most people aren't doing that in the winter months unless you're going snowmobiling.

Yeah, all that stuff is doable on EA but with how much people complain about them, it'll be nice to have an alternative for those folks.
[
Rivian R1T R1S Finally RAN Grayling is ONLINE! 4CA360FF-1C8F-40A2-BD2C-748F21366D92
Rivian R1T R1S Finally RAN Grayling is ONLINE! C8814F28-2874-4E27-9FD9-4F97791F5B6E

Rivian R1T R1S Finally RAN Grayling is ONLINE! 2309056B-B36F-4186-8C59-EA0D5C73A2A3

Just stopped on my way though. Chatted with the rivian engineer who was on site. It was great to chat for a little with him since Iā€™ve not really interacted with anyone from the company other than my guide and service. He was super nice and really excited about the company and where itā€™s going. The site should be up and running in the next few days, maybe even tomorrow.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Was tomorrow your words or his? Maybe we'll plan to get up there this weekend.

Sponsored

Kheires

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was tomorrow your words or his? Maybe we'll plan to get up there this weekend.
He said it could be as early as tonight if everything goes well, but more likely up and running tomorrow. I told him Iā€™m coming back through on Sunday and he said definitely by then. Still some construction materials and fencing, but most of the chargers could be used.

He also mentioned that he thinks theyā€™re still having issues sourcing parts for the Saginaw RAN site (didnā€™t ask if it was the electric supplierā€™s side or rivian), so no eta there.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
He said it could be as early as tonight if everything goes well, but more likely up and running tomorrow. I told him Iā€™m coming back through on Sunday and he said definitely by then. Still some construction materials and fencing, but most of the chargers could be used.

He also mentioned that he thinks theyā€™re still having issues sourcing parts for the Saginaw RAN site (didnā€™t ask if it was the electric supplierā€™s side or rivian), so no eta there.
Finally! Excellent news! Thanks!

I might just have to run over there today and check it out. :cool:

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Shamelessly stolen from Plugshare. Looks like they finally have chargers being set up in Grayling! No idea how long it will be before they are live. I missed the other person posting photos here.
1074278.jpg

Hoping they actually finish it before the end of April so I can get some free juice!
May 1st šŸ˜‰

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation