First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Don't know as I am not a lawyer, but the Geico, the insurance that the driver that rear ended me had, didn't but up a fight regarding the Rivian Certified body shop that was out of their network, and the quote they gave me
Good luck. Work with your insurance as much as you can and have them earn their keep. If GEICO contacts you, volunteer nothing and direct them to work with your insurance's point-person. I was rear ended on the freeway once (non-Rivian) and GEICO attempted to trick me into signing release forms without providing any info on settlement. It look nearly three years for them to agree to a settlement with my insurance and pay up.

GEICO is quite possibly the worst. They spend millions and millions of dollars blasting their dumb ads across all media channels. Expenditures on claims is definitely not a top priority.

And just like that, I'll probably never get hired by their ad agency. :D
Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Good luck. Work with your insurance as much as you can and have them earn their keep. If GEICO contacts you, volunteer nothing and direct them to work with your insurance's point-person. I was rear ended on the freeway once (non-Rivian) and GEICO attempted to trick me into signing release forms without providing any info on settlement. It look nearly three years for them to agree to a settlement with my insurance and pay up.

GEICO is quite possibly the worst. They spend millions and millions of dollars blasting their dumb ads across all media channels. Expenditures on claims is definitely not a top priority.

And just like that, I'll probably never get hired by their ad agency. :D
Hi, I actually worked with Geico directly and they already paid the body shop and got my truck back in 3 weeks turnaround. Didn't have to pay any out of pocket cost

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

i had similar area damage, little bit less, but same area and probably similar repair. my total was $15k in damage let us know what your total comes out to

Indy avocado

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '17 Macan S, '11 Mustang GT
I'm going to guess $20-25k.

These trucks were not designed to be repaired :(

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
I will be interested in what the other person's insurance company will say...especially when the policy holder isn't going to admit that they were responsible. In the end you will more likely need to file a claim with your insurance company and have them try to get the funds from the other insurance company. I assume no police report was filed to help prove who was responsible.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RivJob

RivJob

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Former Burger Technician
I will be interested in what the other person's insurance company will say...especially when the policy holder isn't going to admit that they were responsible. In the end you will more likely need to file a claim with your insurance company and have them try to get the funds from the other insurance company. I assume no police report was filed to help prove who was responsible.
My insurance agent is going to make a courtesy call to the insured that hit me to get them to call in and provide their side of the story. As of Friday, the insured's insurance had not heard from their policy holder and told me liability assignment could be another 30 days if they don't hear back. I aint got time for that! I'm calling body shops tomorrow.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Slow news day. I guess covering the folks that are dropping dead in their 30's is getting old.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs