Feels impossible Rivian will deliver my R1T by end of November

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
I've made posts like before, but we're 15 days away from my promised "End of November 2021" timeline. Rivian continues to swear that my delivery date hasn't changed - and it feels like a bad to delay customer trucks so close to IPO (but what do I know?) - but it feels impossible right now. It's pretty frustrating trying to have all my money ready to go (which can take days) but no clearer timeline.

Or maybe I'll be surprised and I'll get it? We'll see. But... I've got a bad feeling.
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I know you’re in regular contact with your guide, but have you discussed the need to plan to write the check / obtain financing? If they’re not prepared for that or can’t answer basic questions about how the $$ part will work, it says a lot about whether they are going to deliver soon.

OP
OP
CarterGee

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
That's the question I had today. I asked if we could pay from multiple accounts. Or what the final # would be (before tax rebate etc). No answer yet, but I'm trying to learn "between the lines" haha

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
I feel your pain, brother. I am in exactly the same position. Even though I was re-assured this morning that end of Nov still looks good, still feel a pit in my stomach.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
@CarterGee - so, do you see a vehicle in your Rivian app? Since that's how they plan to handle the financing/payment/delivery, I was told that you would see it in your app once it's "real" and your delivery is imminent.

Sponsored

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
They are not likely going to deliver your vehicle by end of the month. They likely won't deliver it next month either based on what they have said. They all but said two weeks ago that they won't start customer deliveries until January.

To give an illustration of what to expect, this is what it has looked like for Lucid deliveries:

Get notified roughly two-three weeks prior to delivery that production has begun. Shortly thereafter, the VIN is attached to the order and shared. A week out delivery details are shared and discussed, and final arrangements made.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I never understood why people think you need 2 weeks notice to buy a vehicle that you had 3 years to prep for.

When I bought my Rebel, I went in one day to measure, check to see which models would fit in my garage, came back the next day and bought.

Now with Rivian we also have delivery, so they could sell it to you but it could take a bit to be delivered.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
What is the first thing you are going to do if you do get delivery by Nov?

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

What is the first thing you are going to do if you do get delivery by Nov?
He should take a solemn oath to start wearing his ball cap the right way for all eternity. ??

Last edited:

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I've made posts like before, but we're 15 days away from my promised "End of November 2021" timeline. Rivian continues to swear that my delivery date hasn't changed - and it feels like a bad to delay customer trucks so close to IPO (but what do I know?) - but it feels impossible right now. It's pretty frustrating trying to have all my money ready to go (which can take days) but no clearer timeline.

Or maybe I'll be surprised and I'll get it? We'll see. But... I've got a bad feeling.
I agree. Seems unlikely they wouldn't be looking to finalize things if delivery was less than 2 weeks away. Most likely it will be like the October folks and you won't be told about a delay until Dec 1st.

Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
That's the question I had today. I asked if we could pay from multiple accounts. Or what the final # would be (before tax rebate etc). No answer yet, but I'm trying to learn "between the lines" haha
Just curious - have they gone through the whole install the Rivian charger at your house scenario with you yet?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Carter can you comment on what, if anything the Rivian app is providing you at this point? If you have no indication that a particular vehicle/VIN is in production (or produced already) for you then it does seem impractical that its all going to resolve in under 10 working days.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
For what it’s worth, just heard back from my Guide like five minutes ago.

I too have been reassured that November is still happening. So we’ll see ?‍♂

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
For what it’s worth, just heard back from my Guide like five minutes ago.

I too have been reassured that November is still happening. So we’ll see ?‍♂
That is exciting! Cannot believe we are almost finally to the finish line (knock of wood).

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I never understood why people think you need 2 weeks notice to buy a vehicle that you had 3 years to prep for.
Because you don't know when it's coming - it's not like they've been telling him 12/1/21 for the last 3 years. In your scenario, you decided when you'd get the car, it wasn't sprung on you.

Here, the purchaser won't have sold their old car (if they're going to do that) without knowing when they're getting the new one. And they won't necessarily have the free cash to pay for it, if they're not financing. These things can take a little time to investigate and line up, which is easy to do when you're driving the timeline. But you won't necessarily do it in advance if there's a 3-6 month window for delivery and purchse.
Sponsored