Sponsored

Feature Questions from a New Owner

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

A few questions that have come up. I messaged my guide but no response yet. I tried reading (searching, more accurately) the manual. So questions...

• Crossbars. When did everyone else receive those? I think they were shipped to people's home? I didn't get them at delivery and was so excited about the R1S delivery that I forgot to ask about the crossbars.
  • Charge port light. There’s an option for turning this off when the car is locked. How about when it’s unlocked? I typically charge at home and don’t need the light on overnight when it’s plugged in. I prefer to leave it unlocked for convenience and when I do, the light just seems unnecessary. Is there a setting I’m missing? Is there a channel to submit a feature request?
  • Alexa. I’m typically using Bluetooth audio. Volume and everything are great but when I activate Alexa, the volume for her response is incredibly low. When I have the BT audio set between 7 and 10, when I activate Alexa, I hear the music pause and sometimes can hear that Alexa is saying something but it’s quiet to the point it’s inaudible. Are others experiencing this? Is there a way to control Alexa’s base volume level?
  • Rear wiper. There's a top/bottom button on the end of the left hand stalk. Single press to the top does a single wipe of the front wipers. Single press to the bottom turns on the rear wipers. So you have to wait a sec and press again to turn it off. Is there a way to do a single wipe on the rear window? Another feature request?
  • Android app. Anyone else seeing crazy battery drain? Rivian app is the #1 drain on my battery since taking delivery. Samsung Galaxy S22. It's active <2 mins per day but is highest % of battery usage across all apps. Thoughts?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Smokey

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Your cross bars will show up in a few weeks. No option to turn off the charger light. Alexa is useless. I have an r1t on the rear wiper I can't help on that as for the battery drain I noticed it on my pixel 6 pro as well I'm sure it's because of the proximity locking and unlocking.

OP
OP
stynes

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Your cross bars will show up in a few weeks. No option to turn off the charger light. Alexa is useless. I have an r1t on the rear wiper I can't help on that as for the battery drain I noticed it on my pixel 6 pro as well I'm sure it's because of the proximity locking and unlocking.
Already received the cross bars. Thanks. Is there a place to formally make feature requests?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Already received the cross bars. Thanks. Is there a place to formally make feature requests?
Through your guide, or just make a service request.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf (2016), Mustang Mach E (2021)
We received our crossbars, all weather mat and field kit within a week for others wondering how long delivery takes. We received the Rivian wall charger a few weeks before the truck.
Sponsored