LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Look, I know there are too many threads trying to slice-and-dice the realtime status of Rivians being delivered, so I figured what's the harm of one more! :p

Please reply here if you for sure ordered/getting FE Green cow interior and have done the 8-Step or (praise baby Jesus!) actually now own it and can show it off.

Seems that FE interior has some momentum building but whenever another "getting mine now" post happens it's still someone with BM interior instead. This thread will hopefully be used to monitor the ebb & flow of FE's.

PHOTOS OF ACTUAL F.E. INTERIORS (upon delivery - not web copies) are always most welcome! :like:
Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
I completed my 8-steps this morning. VIN assigned and insurance is all done.

Awaiting confirmation from my guide for delivery timing - I asked for tomorrow (05/06) and he is checking on availability for me.

I'll keep you posted!

baForest

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter
Happy this is actually happening. Can everyone include their order date? That will help ease the pain, or just infuriate everyone who like me are logging in every hour checking for guide assignment.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I’m in middle of 8 step which opened for me on Monday - 6 days after initial Guide assignment. As of yesterday, truck was built and awaiting final inspections.

Pro tip for those having issues with their Guides lacking info on their truck status or being non-responsive, the Rivian Insurance folks have access to the same info your Guide does relative to the status of your truck. My Guide has been really good, but my Rivian Insurance contact also told me yesterday that my truck status was “awaiting final inspection at the factory”.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

OK, my guide is clearly a teaser...

Got an email (almost surely a standard faire) outlining the 8-Step process with a Digital Purchase process guideline, and Wall Charger guideline. First paragraph said, "will start finding you a match for your configuration. Once we have a VIN and your vehicle is enroute to your local distribution center, I can open up the Digital Purchase for you." blah, blah, blah....

But right at the end of the email she added...
"Oh, and one more thing... I already have one secured for you :) " Your fellow adventurer.

Now I'm simultaneously excited and frustrated. What does that mean?!!! Does it really mean anything?

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
OK, my guide is clearly a teaser...

Got an email (almost surely a standard faire) outlining the 8-Step process with a Digital Purchase process guideline, and Wall Charger guideline. First paragraph said, "will start finding you a match for your configuration. Once we have a VIN and your vehicle is enroute to your local distribution center, I can open up the Digital Purchase for you." blah, blah, blah....

But right at the end of the email she added...
"Oh, and one more thing... I already have one secured for you :) " Your fellow adventurer.

Now I'm simultaneously excited and frustrated. What does that mean?!!! Does it really mean anything?
Sounds like you're matched with a vehicle in production but it hasn't progressed passed the stage in which they open up the purchase process (i.e. post production inspection in Normal). You'll have it in your driveway within two weeks or less.

Pendarin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2020 Zero SR/S
My guide said today that mine is in transit, which is the most specific status I've heard so far. I told her I was anxious about getting the 8-step completed so she said go ahead and do the financing and payment, so long as I was willing to send in a payment even though my delivery may still not happen for a while. I did it--much rather not having that chunk of change burning a hole in my pocket, and having all but delivery of 8-step completed is a peace of mind. heh The time is near!

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
VIN in 4600s. Vehicle was passed inspection as of Monday. Guide said it can take 3-4 weeks (hopefully sooner) to ship and be ready for delivery.

They promised to update me if it shipped from Normal, but I’ll check on it tomorrow. I try to not be a burden so haven’t checked messages since Monday.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
VIN in 4600s. Vehicle was passed inspection as of Monday. Guide said it can take 3-4 weeks (hopefully sooner) to ship and be ready for delivery.

They promised to update me if it shipped from Normal, but I’ll check on it tomorrow. I try to not be a burden so haven’t checked messages since Monday.
Update is that it’s in transit, should arrive at the service center next week.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Update is that it’s in transit, should arrive at the service center next week.
Congrats! Mine too (LG/FE, Vin 4646, in transit, arriving at service center next week)

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Congrats! Mine too (LG/FE, Vin 4646, in transit, arriving at service center next week)
How long from vehicleid("in production") to a vin?
Sponsored