Sponsored

Fastest Color Combos for Delivery (It ain't Compass Yellow) ;)

TDWRT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A bunch of German cars
Occupation
Finance
So I was cruising Reddit Rivian forum and stumbled across this little nugget from a Youtuber (SnazzyLabs) that was invited to the Colorado press event. If correct, it seems to indicate that your configuration colors MAY impact your delivery timeline.

"I was told the blue exterior and black interior were the most popular combos so they're gonna start with those and that they're gonna kinda do colors/features/options in batches."

I started with R. Blue /Ocean Coast, but thought better after thinking about maintenance. Right now I am Silver and black. Not sure where this stacks up in the hierarchy, but I may be inclinded to fiddle with mine if I think it will get me into my RT1 sooner.
Sponsored

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Unless you are close to Atlanta, I think the service center buildout is going to impact the delivery timing more than the color combos. Initially the color combos will be done in batches, but by the time I have a service center close enough to me to get one I suspect their ramp will have reached a capacity for color choices to have minimal impact. Just my two cents, and everything is a WAG at this point

OP
OP
TDWRT1

TDWRT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A bunch of German cars
Occupation
Finance
Unless you are close to Atlanta, I think the service center buildout is going to impact the delivery timing more than the color combos. Initially the color combos will be done in batches, but by the time I have a service center close enough to me to get one I suspect their ramp will have reached a capacity for color choices to have minimal impact. Just my two cents, and everything is a WAG at this point

Solid logic, but I will be doing a factory pick-up. My in-laws live in BloNo and I spent a large chunk of my younger years there too. Still have HS buddies that live in the area. I am actively polling them to see my degrees of separation from the factory. I am at 2 right now ;)

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Solid logic, but I will be doing a factory pick-up. My in-laws live in BloNo and I spent a large chunk of my younger years there too. Still have HS buddies that live in the area. I am actively polling them to see my degrees of separation from the factory. I am at 2 right now ;)
We can do a factory pickup?

Hmmm, I could do that and drive down to Southern Illinois to visit my Dad and Grandma with my newfangled EV. :idea:

Of course, last I checked, there are next to no chargers down there.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Why you gotta take shots at Compass Yellow like that?

IMO, I think the batching of colors will mean less than people think. I doubt Rivian is going to like, produce only one color for a month or something, and have every Rivian on the road be identical. When they batch, they're probably working on a shorter timeline (e.g. a week or a few days), so I wouldn't recommend switching from your favorite combos just in the hope that you get your truck a few weeks sooner.

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I know it will delay my R1S but I am sticking with LG/BM on my color combo.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I thought it was already determined they can paint vehicles in the line any color and in any order without additional setup? While there could be shortages of a specific color or interior color batching could be more efficient I am with others here that I don't think color will be a huge factor in when you get delivery.

Last edited:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
If it makes you feel any better, I have officially joined Team Yellow after seeing it in all the recent press. Still need to see it in person but, for now at least, my reserved config is officially CY/BM.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
So I was cruising Reddit Rivian forum and stumbled across this little nugget from a Youtuber (SnazzyLabs) that was invited to the Colorado press event. If correct, it seems to indicate that your configuration colors MAY impact your delivery timeline.

"I was told the blue exterior and black interior were the most popular combos so they're gonna start with those and that they're gonna kinda do colors/features/options in batches."

I started with R. Blue /Ocean Coast, but thought better after thinking about maintenance. Right now I am Silver and black. Not sure where this stacks up in the hierarchy, but I may be inclinded to fiddle with mine if I think it will get me into my RT1 sooner.
Get the color you want, not the color that's going to get you into the car a few weeks early... :)

Sponsored

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I thought it was already determined they can't paint vehicles in the line any color and in any order without additional setup? While there could be shortages of a specific color or interior color batching could be more efficient I am with others here that I don't think color will be a huge factor in when you get delivery.

Did you mean to say can? I thought we learned earlier that no additional set up was necessary and that they can change colors car to car as it went down the paint line.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Did you mean to say can? I thought we learned earlier that no additional set up was necessary and that they can change colors car to car as it went down the paint line.
Yes thanks. I did indeed mean 'can'. I fixed my typo above to avoid confusion.

OP
OP
TDWRT1

TDWRT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A bunch of German cars
Occupation
Finance

IMO, I think the batching of colors will mean less than people think. I doubt Rivian is going to like, produce only one color for a month or something, and have every Rivian on the road be identical. When they batch, they're probably working on a shorter timeline (e.g. a week or a few days), so I wouldn't recommend switching from your favorite combos just in the hope that you get your truck a few weeks sooner.
Sorry aboyt CY shot. If I could edit the title I would. I actually kind of like it. However, based on my super informal polling of other rese holders, it seems to be the most rarely ordered color.

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Sorry aboyt CY shot. If I could edit the title I would. I actually kind of like it. However, based on my super informal polling of other rese holders, it seems to be the most rarely ordered color.
Im just joking. Making yellow the butt of all the jokes is funny so no worries.

After all, Team Yellow will be the last ones laughing when Yellow turns out to be the most iconic Rivian color despite giving blue an unfair advantage!
Sponsored