Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Good afternoon everyone.

I just had my first charging experience in my R1T.

Normally it would not be issue as there are level 2 chargers at work and I will be plugged in for 10 hours.

However right after I got my R1T I brought it to get all the ppf, ceramic coat, tiny etc. My range was down to 80 so decided to charge.

it took almost 3 hours to charge. Average was 100 per hour till the end. I am used to Tesla superchargers.

is it just the charger I am on? DoesRivian have the ability to charge higher? Closer to 200 miles of range per hour?

best

Adam.
Sponsored

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
A lot of factors go into charging speed:
- Charger speed (can range from 50 kW to 350 kW)
- State of charge of your battery (what %)
- Charging to full

What power charger were you plugged into? Similar to tesla V2 vs V3 superchargers, there are different speeds of charging.

When you decided to charge, were you down to 80 miles range, or 80% battery?

Also did you charge to 100%? Even on the fastest chargers today, the last 10-20% will take a loooooong time, so most people really don't charge to that level.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Good afternoon everyone.

I just had my first charging experience in my R1T.

Normally it would not be issue as there are level 2 chargers at work and I will be plugged in for 10 hours.

However right after I got my R1T I brought it to get all the ppf, ceramic coat, tiny etc. My range was down to 80 so decided to charge.

it took almost 3 hours to charge. Average was 100 per hour till the end. I am used to Tesla superchargers.

is it just the charger I am on? DoesRivian have the ability to charge higher? Closer to 200 miles of range per hour?

best

Adam.
Which charger were you using?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

A lot of factors go into charging speed:
- Charger speed (can range from 50 kW to 350 kW)
- State of charge of your battery (what %)
- Charging to full

What power charger were you plugged into? Similar to tesla V2 vs V3 superchargers, there are different speeds of charging.

When you decided to charge, were you down to 80 miles range, or 80% battery?

Also did you charge to 100%? Even on the fastest chargers today, the last 10-20% will take a loooooong time, so most people really don't charge to that level.
Probably a combination of all this.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Do you always charge to 100%..???

Sponsored

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter

If you were only seeing 100 miles of range added per hour, I would guess you were on a 50kW charger. There is quite a large spread of capabilities of CCS chargers that are deployed, and 50kW is pretty much the lowest you'll find in the wild.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
In terms of MPH I've seen several folks get more than 500 mph at a fast charger, but the truck will have to be at the optimal temp and <50%. That "mph" amount will also vary based on wheels, drive mode, and how the GOM adjusts to you. If the charger can provide the power, it should get about 200 to 217kw when below 50% SOC.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs