Sponsored

#FAIL - Could TFL be getting the Rivian tomorrow at 1PM?

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Hey all, just chiming in.

For the record we did not get a media invite. In fact the multiple attempts we have made to reach the PR department have gone un-answered.

We have a video coming out tomorrow
explaining this as we have been absolutely SWAMPED with folks asking when our review is coming. Just trying to clarify -Tommy (TFLoffroad)
Thanks for taking the time to give us a heads up Tommy. Agree with others that it seemed like a no brainer that you guys would be at the Colorado event. While most of us are pretty much all in on Rivian some of their marketing decisions have been questionable at best.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for taking the time to give us a heads up Tommy. Agree with others that it seemed like a no brainer that you guys would be at the Colorado event. While most of us are pretty much all in on Rivian some of their marketing decisions have been questionable at best.
As with everything Rivian the rationale is... hard to follow. They didn't send Kyle an invite either, but Tom did get one...? Shrug.

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
As with everything Rivian the rationale is... hard to follow. They didn't send Kyle an invite either, but Tom did get one...? Shrug.
Kyle is in Germany for the month I thought.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management

For the record we did not get a media invite. In fact the multiple attempts we have made to reach the PR department have gone un-answered.

explaining this as we have been absolutely SWAMPED with folks asking when our review is coming. Just trying to clarify -Tommy (TFLoffroad)
Thank you for clarifying Tommy! Always enjoy the TFL content, hopefully you get your opportunity with the R1T/S soon. Couldn’t imagine why they wouldn’t invite you guys

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

So am I. The motor trend vehicles are fun, but they don't talk much about the truck ??
Commentators too visible. It’s about the truck first. Do a great article about the truck and you will BE noticed and thanked as well.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Is this really Tommy from TFL? If so, very cool.

I'm not sure who is going to get their hands next on an R1T for review but to this point its been pretty much pancakes. I mean nothing against them and I would have reacted the same way but preorder holders being flown out, wined and dined and given VIP treatment are going to have nothing but good things to say. The MT guys were pretty superficial in my opinion. Looking for an honest, long term (like days/weeks, not hours), assessment of the vehicle. Might have to wait for an owner to do it.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
What a miss on Rivians part. If anyone could have showcased their vehicle for off-road and on it’d been TFL.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Wow. Honestly, that's just rude of Rivian, and really disappointing. I'm curious what their rationale is for not even being professional and replying to media channels like TFL.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Wow. Honestly, that's just rude of Rivian, and really disappointing. I'm curious what their rationale is for not even being professional and replying to media channels like TFL.
I agree. Hopefully someone will let them borrow the truck once they get it. I mean we do get 1000 miles or 1 week to try them out ?

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
It wouldn't surprise me if Rivian is hesitant to give TFL a try as the towing up IKE may not work as well as hoped.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

It wouldn't surprise me if Rivian is hesitant to give TFL a try as the towing up IKE may not work as well as hoped.
I mean all electrics are going to have a hard time with that i would like to see the lightning and Hummer on the Ike at the same time to be fair.

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
I mean all electrics are going to have a hard time with that i would like to see the lightning and Hummer on the Ike at the same time to be fair.
Agreed, however Rivian is the first out there so the only thing they can compare to is ICE, and it's not going to compare favorably. It's not surprising to people with knowledge but to the vast majority of the population they would not be happy with this.
Sponsored