Sponsored

#FAIL - Could TFL be getting the Rivian tomorrow at 1PM?

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
Wha??? They are into electric car and really into offroads these days and I was hoping for one of the best reviews from them!

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Wha??? They are into electric car and really into offroads these days and I was hoping for one of the best reviews from them!
So am I. The motor trend vehicles are fun, but they don't talk much about the truck ??

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Maybe it's just click bait and they are going to say they aren't reviewing it because it's embargoed until next week and to come back then.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Why would they even post that? All press is good press??

"Why we're intentionally making a bad call and not reviewing one of the premier electric vehicles of the last decade" might as well be "Why we're now only going to posting reviews to Vimeo" or "Why we're now only doing reviews in pantomime or via audio dramatization"

Even if it's something out of your control, you, as a media organization (or a parody thereof) don't air dirty laundry or anything that would make you look more imbecilic than normal. Don't give any manufacturer the impression that you belong at the kids table or banished to asshatville.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Incidentally - I'm curious to see why they are intentionally shooting themselves in the foot here. It's like a car wreck.

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

"Why we're intentionally making a bad call and not reviewing one of the premier electric vehicles of the last decade" might as well be "Why we're now only going to posting reviews to Vimeo" or "Why we're now only doing reviews in pantomime or via audio dramatization"

Even if it's something out of your control, you, as a media organization (or a parody thereof) don't air dirty laundry or anything that would make you look more imbecilic than normal. Don't give any manufacturer the impression that you belong at the kids table or banished to asshatville.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Incidentally - I'm curious to see why they are intentionally shooting themselves in the foot here. It's like a car wreck.
My guess is that this is a big play for clicks. Not sure exactly how they will spin this, but I have no doubt they will get people to watch a YouTube video with 3 ads and multiple pop ups to find out.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Dumb dumb dumb.

Never really watched these guys so I don't know their MO, but based on their "game changer" hype around a pretty standard truck, I'm gonna go ahead and say that they didn't get invited to the test drive event so they are putting this video out to capitalize on the lost clicks from not being able to review it and potentially to offset losses to competitors who may have been invited.

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Hum…well, Mica at TFL has made some honest comments in the past, “observations” of passing by R1T’s that probably would have offended Rivian. It does look like Rivian, as demonstrated in past actions, that they only want positive reviews with zero constructive feedback or anyone asking to many questions. TFL has 200,000+ views (in 2 days) on the new Tundra. How many does MT have on the R1T? 318,000 in 3 weeks.

TFLtommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oof. Lots of electric, lots of 4x4
Occupation
Reviewer
Hey all, just chiming in.

For the record we did not get a media invite. In fact the multiple attempts we have made to reach the PR department have gone un-answered.

We have a video coming out tomorrow
explaining this as we have been absolutely SWAMPED with folks asking when our review is coming. Just trying to clarify -Tommy (TFLoffroad)

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000

For the record we did not get a media invite. In fact the multiple attempts we have made to reach the PR department have gone un-answered.

explaining this as we have been absolutely SWAMPED with folks asking when our review is coming. Just trying to clarify -Tommy (TFLoffroad)
Tommy, thank you. Again, things like this just make me wonder, why in the world would Rivian not be inviting you and your Dad? I think you all do some great work and was really looking forward to your time in an R1T. Rivian’s loss.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer

Can't wait for the review video once you are able to drive it. I like that Emme is driving it again since she doesn't keep anything to herself ?, but maybe she can hook you guys up after the rally for a quick review :)
BTW, the video that I'm most interested to see [R1S preorder holder] is the R1S vs Defender video. Hopefully s00n!!!

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
So am I. The motor trend vehicles are fun, but they don't talk much about the truck ??

Hi Tommy, thanks for joining the forum just for clarifying this! Though sad to hear that :(

I was really hoping for a review from you guys for a comparison with other EVs and offroad trucks/SUVs you've driven... and maybe a long drive experience.
Sponsored