Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Per the F150 G14 sister forum:

Rivian R1T R1S F150 Lightning Trim Level Pricing Leaked f-150-lighting-survey-pricing-1-

You can view the exact pricing over at the other forum, but the highlights are:
  • 300MI Pack - $7,000
  • Tow Tech Package - $1,500 (camera, brake controller, bed scales, etc.)
  • Max Trailer Package - $900 (10k towing up from ?)
  • Autonomous Driving Package - $1,825 (Ford SuperCruise equivalent, phone as a key, etc.)
  • Power Running Boards - $400
The driving package and running boards are Lariat only. The other packages are more expensive on the Pro models.

This means that the equivalent F150 Lightning to a Launch Edition is the Lariat + the big battery + the driving package or the Lariat Premium if you want the moonroof. $76,300 or $79,474. The Rivian LE is $73,235 or $76,035 with the off-road package and spare tire.

The F150 Lightning is slightly more expensive for a comparative build, assuming there isn't a change to the federal tax credit or differences in qualifications to state or local credits for you.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
At those prices I'd just get a GM Hummer EV truck if the R1T doesn't work out.

As a side note, I hate when manufacturers try to deduct the tax credit and say "look at this low price". That is NOT how it works! You still gotta pay the higher price! And if you finance, your monthly payment is based on that higher amount.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
I’m out. Not paying $80k for something slower with no plans of a Ford charging network.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I’m out. Not paying $80k for something slower with no plans of a Ford charging network.
I agree. This feels too expensive. A more realistic pricing structure before tax credit is:

Pro - $39
XLT - $49
Lariat - $59
Lariat Premium - $69 (nice)
Platnium - $79

Either that or open up BlueCruise to the XLT model. $53 + $7k battery + $1800 driving. For $62 that's a pretty nice truck. Maybe add a bit for a moonroof and $1500 or so for Katzkin leather if wanted and you're set.

Too bad that's not an option.

McMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
I agree. This feels too expensive. A more realistic pricing structure before tax credit is:

Pro - $39
XLT - $49
Lariat - $59
Platnium - $79

Either that or open up BlueCruise to the XLT model. $53 + $7k battery + $1800 driving. For $62 that's a pretty nice truck. Maybe add a bit for a moonroof and $1500 or so for Katzkin leather if wanted and you're set.

That’s my exact thought regarding pricing and XLT with a few options being the sweet spot. I get that they want people to go for the higher trims. For me, the explore trim Rivian has plenty to make me happy.

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

At those prices I'd just get a GM Hummer EV truck if the R1T doesn't work out.

As a side note, I hate when manufacturers try to deduct the tax credit and say "look at this low price". That is NOT how it works! You still gotta pay the higher price! And if you finance, your monthly payment is based on that higher amount.
Also, sales tax and registration fees are tied to the purchase price in areas where with these taxes and fees are based on the transaction price.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid

Pro - $39
XLT - $49
Lariat - $59
Platnium - $79

Ugh....I was really excited for this too, hopefully they can make more changes before orders start.

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
Anyone else notice how "Configurations" is spelled wrong in the column header on the upper left? ?

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
I have an R1S LE reservation, but comparing this to the R1T LE means you need to get a Lariat or Lariat + Premium. Insane that the Lariat + Premium means a $12k price increase. The two cheapest versions...maybe...the top versions...no way.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Funny I don't want a full size truck, as it isn't practical with my every day commute and parking garage restrictions.

I also really like the look of the R1T and the ethos of Rivian.

However, if every trim for the f150 was about 10k less across the board I'd be very tempted.

Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
For me the important part of this "leak" is that it actually was part of a communication from Ford to its reservation holders asking them what their trim level and option preferences were. I hope that level of communications is maintained through out the process.

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Here's my worry...

Rivian: Largest battery pack orders and vehicle price will be manufactured and delivered first. This doesn't bother me, but still it's a thing.

But we all know that didn't happen.

Now if Ford does that...

Well a public works manager told me last year the city I used to live in bought 20 F-150's. And if ford decides to manufacture and deliver their pro models first (which are the true cost saving trucks local governments want) then it'll be hard pressed for buyers to get the credit.

Once Ford manufactures 250k trucks the EV credit is gone, that's why you're hearing so much talk of Ford and GM wanting "Made in America" and "Union Made" tax credits. Ford and GM know a major chunk of their trucks sales are fleet sales.

89k vs 76k and maybe you'll get the EV credit with the Ford?... Not too mention all the other things the R1T has going for it.

The Rivian is looking better and better each day!

Rivian R1T R1S F150 Lightning Trim Level Pricing Leaked Screenshot_20210621-145548

Last edited:

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
For me the important part of this "leak" is that it actually was part of a communication from Ford to its reservation holders asking them what their trim level and option preferences were. I hope that level of communications is maintained through out the process.
I reserved an F-150 Lightening the night of the reveal and have not received any communications with this information.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I reserved an F-150 Lightening the night of the reveal and have not received any communications with this information.
Nor have I. I believe this was targeted. Ford has confirmed that it's real though, although pricing and options mix may not be accurate with the final product.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I received an email from Ford (or at least someone pretending to be Ford)requesting I fill out a survey about my truck preferences. That pricing information was provided in the survey to assist you in making choices. No guarantee that the final numbers
Sponsored