First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Any lighting buyers who were able to convert their order thinking about switching their pre March r1t reservation to max pack and wait till 2023? I have a lariat ER on order and just thought maybe drive it for a year plus and switch my r1t reservation to max pack. Shouldn't loose any money on the lighting when you sell maybe even make some. Then you take advantage of the discount R1T and they work the kinks out as well. 🤔

Has anyone Inquired if you can keep the original pricing if you switch from large to max?
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Rivian has certainly characterized their reverse-course on Pre-March pricing that those orders are effectively "locked in time." So don't see any reason why a choice possible beforehand would not be available now in this admittedly odd situation they created.

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
You keep original pricing on all options that were available before March.
That's great, if I remember right if you switch to the new dual motor the price would be the current rate so that makes sense.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Interesting strategy for sure if the R1T is your ultimate goal. The price debacle makes that “wait for ‘discount’ max pack” a potential winner.

I was originally thinking I might be able to go Lightning-R1T-Evalanche flip route but the Ford ordering process may have killed that. At this stage I’m starting to think my late Rivian order will pan out faster than my early Ford reservation.🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Interesting strategy for sure if the R1T is your ultimate goal. The price debacle makes that “wait for ‘discount’ max pack” a potential winner.

I was originally thinking I might be able to go Lightning-R1T-Evalanche flip route but the Ford ordering process may have killed that. At this stage I’m starting to think my late Rivian order will pan out faster than my early Ford reservation.🤷‍♂️
Yeah I'm with you. I was not expecting an invite, my dealer said they were full. Someone must have canceled because I got an invite in the extra 6th waive on April 12th. My first instinct was to flip the lighting day one and move the profit to the R1T later this year.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
My Lightning is scheduled to be built the week of May 16. So I'm looking at an early June delivery date. If I like the Lightning I might change my config to dual motor and max pack. Think it's highly unlikely I get my r1t first at this point. So it's my backup vehicle.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
This is a pretty good idea, but I'm not entirely convinced we know when a Max Pack will go in to production. It does look like my Lightning will beat my R1T by at least a month and possibly much longer. I think I'd still rather flip the Lighting for a profit and get the standard Range R1T when my number is called.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I have a “wave 3“ Lightning reservation as well. The rumor is Ford will make buyers sign a one year “no sell” contract similar to the GT.

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I'm in wave 6 so I'm hopefully my r1t comes first. If so I'll flip the lighting. If my R1T pushes to 23 I may swap to maxpack/ocean coast.

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have a “wave 3“ Lightning reservation as well. The rumor is Ford will make buyers sign a one year “no sell” contract similar to the GT.
Even if that happens, its entirely possible many people wouldn't see their large pack configured R1T for another year. Lightning will have good resale value even after 1 year.

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
I'm in wave 6 so I'm hopefully my r1t comes first. If so I'll flip the lighting. If my R1T pushes to 23 I may swap to maxpack/ocean coast.
Seems reasonable. Obviously, given supply/demand imbalances, it's better to have more options.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I saw that the EPA numbers are out for the F-150 Lightning and they appear to be pretty similar to the R1T. One intersting item that I noticed though, is that even though their combined efficiency is about the same as the R1T, their highway numbers are significantly worse. The better city numbers (likely due to being lighter and not having 4 motors engaged all the time) bolster the combined numbers but even the larger battery version doesn't have an EPA highway range of 300+ miles.

Considering the best case scenario for the R1T (21" wheels in conserve) the highway range is a pretty signficant difference compared to a (more expensive) F-150 Lightning.

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
but even the larger battery version doesn't have an EPA highway range of 300+ miles.
I think you read incorrect info somewhere and are now posting inaccurate range info.

The extended range Lightning does get more than 300 miles range.

Rivian R1T R1S F150 lightning order holders switch to max pack R1t and wait 2022-ford-f-150-epa-rating-img-20220510

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think you read incorrect info somewhere and are now posting inaccurate range info.

The extended range Lightning does get more than 300 miles range.
Not freeway range. The EPA numbers say 283.1 highway miles for the Extended range version.
Sponsored