Sponsored

F150 LIGHTNING now being delivered -- first one to retail customer today

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I expect mine before either my R1S or R1T. (and I am more excited about the ICE INEOS Grenadier I've got in the pipeline).

Last edited:

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I expect mine before either my R1S or R1T. (and I am more excited about the ICE Grenadier I've got in the pipeline).
Tight race for me. 4-8 weeks for my R1T, my F150 Lightning is built and sitting outside the factory.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
One year reservation to delivery for Ford. Not too shabby but Rivian beat them with 4 month record (never mind the guys that will be in line for 4 years before they get theirs).

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

my MY22 build is late July.

got email from selected dealership here in San Diego that for all of '22 production run they got 19 invitations to order, while having over 500 reservations assigned to that dealership alone.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

got email from selected dealership here in San Diego that for all of '22 production run they got 19 invitations to order, while having over 500 reservations assigned to that dealership alone.
I guess folks like me have an advantage with a small town dealership; my dealer is getting 5 trucks and had 6 reservations.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

…jeez new trucks are precious aren’t they?

Last edited:

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

I wonder if he paid mark up.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I wonder if he paid mark up.
SD dealership is priced at MSRP with assurance of No Dealer installed gizmos or prep-fees jacking up the price. Got this in writing.

Sponsored

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

SD dealership is priced at MSRP with assurance of No Dealer installed gizmos or prep-fees jacking up the price. Got this in writing.
Too bad that not a guaranteed for everyone...

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
same here.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
One year reservation to delivery for Ford. Not too shabby but Rivian beat them with 4 month record (never mind the guys that will be in line for 4 years before they get theirs).
Tortoise and the hare.

Ford is building 15,000 this year and they'll start their 2023 production numbers in September with a 55,000 target.

Rivian got out of the gate first and is expecting to build 25,000 EVs this year - not trucks, total EVs. Based on recent R1T VINs, it's looking like by the end of Aug 2022, they'll be around 13,000 R1T trucks and surpassed by Ford's production numbers.

I've got both on order, my Ford was placed much later and will arrive half a year earlier than my Rivian. That's all good and great but the big question now is going to be - which truck will I be able to count on? I don't really care who pumped it out first or is pumping the most out. I'm going to care which truck doesn't leave me stranded or frustrated.

The recent posts are not confidence inspiring. In my eyes the R1T is a far superior truck, but the Ford Lightning is far superior to some uber credits...

Rivian if you're reading, get your act together. Failures are fine, especially for a new company. If you can't make it reliable, then it's time to step up your service. Good will goes a long way to smoothing out the bumps in the road.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Tortoise and the hare.

Ford is building 15,000 this year and they'll start their 2023 production numbers in September with a 55,000 target.

Rivian got out of the gate first and is expecting to build 25,000 EVs this year - not trucks, total EVs. Based on recent R1T VINs, it's looking like by the end of Aug 2022, they'll be around 13,000 R1T trucks and surpassed by Ford's production numbers.

I've got both on order, my Ford was placed much later and will arrive half a year earlier than my Rivian. That's all good and great but the big question now is going to be - which truck will I be able to count on? I don't really care who pumped it out first or is pumping the most out. I'm going to care which truck doesn't leave me stranded or frustrated.

The recent posts are not confidence inspiring. In my eyes the R1T is a far superior truck, but the Ford Lightning is far superior to some uber credits...

Rivian if you're reading, get your act together. Failures are fine, especially for a new company. If you can't make it reliable, then it's time to step up your service. Good will goes a long way to smoothing out the bumps in the road.
I agree. Long term reliability is even more important to me than short term since short term is mostly inconvenience and long term is inconvenience and cost. Other issues like power leak that may never get fully addressed, is a big deal for me as well since I don’t drive much and don’t have a garage. I understand a heavy capable vehicle being hungry when it is moving but being hungry when it is not is something I can’t get over. If they don’t fix it, I may just go for a completely different kinda EV that is efficient overall instead of a super car. Some go 2-3 times as far with a KWh and don’t leak nearly as much when at rest. The question is who wins the battle between the head and the heart.

Rivian R1T R1S F150 LIGHTNING now being delivered -- first one to retail customer today 1653957681895
Sponsored