Sponsored

F150 Lightning Guides Are Reaching Out (in week 1 following reveal).

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Really interesting info about the range. For folks who haven’t watched, it sounds like the 300 mi range estimate on the Ford includes 1000# of cargo.

thats pretty freaking crazy is that is the case

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
My wife and I tested the Model Y, MME and ID.4 over the course of a few weeks. She preferred the ID.4 by a big margin, primarily because it wasn't as "sport" oriented (firm). The Model Y is bit firmer than the MME. She also doesn't like heavy regen and the Tesla only has one setting - max (at least currently). This was done for efficiency since the brake pedal is mechanical only (the Tesla salesperson at the dealership claimed the lower setting option was removed because people were "burning thru brake pads").

MME/Model Y/ID.4 are similar enough to cross shop and all have their strengths and weaknesses. Depending on where you live/travel and how you plan to use it - the Supercharger network can be a big advantage. For some it won't be a big deal.

The Model Y and Id.4 can take a roof rack with 165lbs dynamic - nothing is available for the MME (and likely won't be for more than ~100 lbs if they do make an option). Not an issue for everyone, but something that is on our wants/needs list.

The Ford folks knew less than I did about EVs and the MME, but I did get turned to a manager that thought it important that we sit down and "run some numbers". When I said I didn't know dealers were negotiating lower than MSRP on the Mach-e when demand was so high, he stumbled a bit then clarified it to "figuring out your payment". I declined and told him that if we decided on the MME, we could talk about a price on the vehicle.
We did the same, and I bought an ID.4 to hold me over till my R1T shows up. The MME is sportier than the ID.4 obviously, but the ID.4 is weirdly large, and overall super impressive. Especially for the price. The software is pushing too hard to hide that it's an EV in my opinion, but I definitely recommend it.

We caught that the MME doesn't handle a roof rack too, and it impacted our decision. As did that the ID.4 has more ground clearance, and creature comforts (massaging seats!). Plus free charging for 3 years with EA. Great little package.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
So sorry if you’re getting all butt hurt over a meme. ?‍♂
Nah, my post was for the fake Internet points from the reactions it got.

I'm not butthurt at all the "Jumping ship to Ford!!!!" posts.

More bemused.
Sponsored