First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Ford is citing continued supply chain issues for the increases. Also important to note that Ford dealers will be able to keep gouging customers with additional mark up until 2024.

Ford earlier this week raised the price of the base Ford F-150 Lightning electric pickup by thousands—for the third time in four months.

Just nine months since first deliveries, that puts the base price of the 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning nearly 40% higher than the original base price for the 2022 model-year electric truck—$57,869, versus $41,669.

That’s for the fleet-focused F-150 Lightning Pro with the standard range battery (and 240-mile rated range)—the same model already marked up by thousands in October. The next-up model, the Lightning XLT with standard range battery, also gets a price hike, to $65,365.

Fleet buyers aside, if shoppers want the extended range battery pack and its 320-mile rating, the cost of entry now stands at $82,869, for the XLT and that requires additional options.
https://www.greencarreports.com/new..._term=0_7e18d5fd93-f0bf1c27b7-[LIST_EMAIL_ID]
Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
If I don't see every one of the people that lost their minds at Rivian for increasing price show up in this thread to eat some crow, I'll be very disappointed.

In other news, I'll be spending tonight being very disappointed.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

If I don't see every one of the people that lost their minds at Rivian for increasing price show up in this thread to eat some crow, I'll be very disappointed.

In other news, I'll be spending tonight being very disappointed.
Nobody has ever said anything incorrect on the internet.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Nobody has ever said anything incorrect on the internet.
Never admit to be wrong on the internet, you have to double down.

"I am still furious Rivian didn't drop prices once they started production. Now that they are actually producing, prices should be down, not up."

See how thats done.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

You just want to be disappointed, don't you?

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

"I am still furious Rivian didn't drop prices once they started production. Now that they are actually producing, prices should be down, not up."
Definitely true. The first truck off the line should have been sold for several billion dollars, since that was the real cost of the vehicle at that point. Then the rest of them could have been a lot cheaper!

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Definitely true. The first truck off the line should have been sold for several billion dollars, since that was the real cost of the vehicle at that point. Then the rest of them could have been a lot cheaper!
No, they use “block accounting,” like the airplane manufactures do.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Am I the only one with a pre-march pricing who is getting nervous that they can't possible deliver the full backlog without increasing prices? They are not even half way through with lots well over a year away! My window is Feb/March 23 and I'm going to take a sigh of relief when I finish my 8 steps with a ~77K price tag...

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Up 40% in 9 months, yikes! If I was waiting for an F-150 Lightning I'd think the 'F' stands for FML.

Sponsored

OP
OP
COdogman

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Up 40% in 9 months, yikes! If I was waiting for an F-150 Lightning I'd think the 'F' stands for FML.
Exactly! I thought this was a bit of a reality check. All companies are raising prices right now. Rivian is just trying to survive. Between the Ford markup and the dealer markup people are going to get screwed on those F-150s.☹

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Am I the only one with a pre-march pricing who is getting nervous that they can't possible deliver the full backlog without increasing prices? They are not even half way through with lots well over a year away! My window is Feb/March 23 and I'm going to take a sigh of relief when I finish my 8 steps with a ~77K price tag...
I think pre-march pricing is safe. If I had a post-march undelivered reservation I'd be quite nervous.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
for the Pro only? BFD

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
This is a pill I could swallow but an ADM isn't one I could do. Strictly for principal's sake, I can't buy a vehicle with a scalping markup on it. If no one did it, dishonest dealers couldn't get away with it. That choice has pretty much ensured I'll never buy a Mercedes, as the local dealer is huge on ADM's during the pandemic and I refuse to do business with someone like that.

OP
OP
COdogman

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler