First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
I was being a bit facetious - even if it's out in another 2 years, how many 15-24 year olds will be ready to buy one? Especially if it's out that soon. And Tesla was giving out 'reservations' for $100 a pop IIRC - which is little more than a raised hand. Hell, if I was 18 I might have signed up just to brag that I had a reservation...I just would have been eating noodles for a couple of weeks to do it.
I'm willing to bet there will be many 16-24 year olds right now ready to buy a CyberTruck with crypto earnings not to mention the DOGE army.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Of course I want everyone to drive an EV, yes boomers need their Silverado's and F-150's. Glad you are not stereotypical enough to like the Rivian. ?
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I, too, would love to see everyone in an EV. Also, you're correct about my feelings regarding the first generation of Rivians. I don't like them. I love them. The Ford's and Chevys, not so much, but thanks in large part to your input, I'll reserve judgement on the CyberTruck until they exist in the real world.

I hope they're as awesome in their performance as they are quirky (to me) in their appearance.

As both of have stated earlier in this thread, "To each their own."

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Tesla said they'd be delivering CTs by end of 2021... Granted every other EV seems to have been delayed, but Tesla still hasn't shown a "road legal" version that they could think about producing.

Maybe it'll happen, eventually, but it was certainly vaporware when they made their announcement.
With the pandemic, supply chain issues and now chip shortage I'm willing to give all EVs a break.

But saying Tesla made vaporware is just ridiculous. You're acting like Tesla is Lordstown here, or worse Nikola, having the CT pushed down the track.

There's drone footage of the CT on the Fremont proving track. Jay Leno has driven it. It's certainly very much real.

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Clerk
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I, too, would love to see everyone in an EV. Also, you're correct about my feelings regarding the first generation of Rivians. I don't like them. I love them. The Ford's and Chevys, not so much, but thanks in large part to your input, I'll reserve judgement on the CyberTruck until they exist in the real world.

I hope they're as awesome in their performance as they are quirky (to me) in their appearance.
Several people here keep mentioning the CyberTruck like it doesn't run on its own power or something, look Tesla is not Lordstown.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
With the pandemic, supply chain issues and now chip shortage I'm willing to give all EVs a break.

But saying Tesla made vaporware is just ridiculous. You're acting like Tesla is Lordstown here, or worse Nikola, having the CT pushed down the track.

There's drone footage of the CT on the Fremont proving track. Jay Leno has driven it. It's certainly very much real.
They built ONE as a marketing tool. We still haven't seen a road-legal one. The one Leno drove was not road legal. It was a PR stunt.

Maybe they eventually design/build one that you can actually buy... But that hasn't happened yet.

Sponsored

r1t_kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
I'm willing to bet there will be many 16-24 year olds right now ready to buy a CyberTruck with crypto earnings not to mention the DOGE army.
I would guess if you spent some time outside the world of investing, California, or the internet you might realize there is a much larger portion of that population segment that has neither the means nor the interest to be involved with crypto. There will be some overly funded youth that will buy a CyberTruck, but they'll be the minority.

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Clerk
They built ONE as a marketing tool. We still haven't seen a road-legal one. The one Leno drove was not road legal. It was a PR stunt.

Maybe they eventually design/build one that you can actually buy... But that hasn't happened yet.
The one on the track had side mirrors.

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Clerk
I would guess if you spent some time outside the world of investing, California, or the internet you might realize there is a much larger portion of that population segment that has neither the means nor the interest to be involved with crypto. There will be some overly funded youth that will buy a CyberTruck, but they'll be the minority.
If you knew anything about EVs you'd know that the majority of EVs in the US sell in California.

I've owned EVs for over 10 years and live and breathe solar. I understand the demographic that purchases EVs and understand that for the R1T to sell in volume it has got to a whole lot cheaper. Otherwise it will just be an "L.A. thing".

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I know I'm late here, but I feel like it's necessary to say that I too am a millenial and I think the alleged CyberTruck is hideous.

If that's "The Future" of automotive design, I may have to gouge my eyes out in the next 5-7 years.

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Clerk
I know I'm late here, but I feel like it's necessary to say that I too am a millenial and I think the alleged CyberTruck is hideous.

If that's "The Future" of automotive design, I may have to gouge my eyes out in the next 5-7 years.
Yea sure go for it dude, I know not every Millennial will like it but there's tons of interest for sure.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Tesla said they'd be delivering CTs by end of 2021... Granted every other EV seems to have been delayed, but Tesla still hasn't shown a "road legal" version that
Several people here keep mentioning the CyberTruck like it doesn't run on its own power or something, look Tesla is not Lordstown.
Speaking only for myself, I put the CyberTruck in the camp of "things to come". I think we all know Lordstown is a myth, much like Sasquatch and cold fusion. While I've read every review and all of the customer testimonials I can find on the R1T, I'd really like to read the same takes on the CT.

I had the good fortune of test driving the R1T, and loved it. I'd also love to drive the CT one day, when it's ready. As I said before, I hope it's amazing and I'm looking forward to putting one to the test when they're available to be driven.

r1t_kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
If you knew anything about EVs you'd know that the majority of EVs in the US sell in California.

I've owned EVs for over 10 years and live and breathe solar. I understand the demographic that purchases EVs and understand that for the R1T to sell in volume it has got to a whole lot cheaper. Otherwise it will just be an "L.A. thing".
Well, I can't say it's been fun or particularly enlightening. I feel like in your 10 years of EV ownership and living/breathing solar, you'd have realized the goal (and country) is larger than California. We need coal-rolling PA rednecks and the like to adopt these things, not just Devin and his Gen Z crypto-rich cousins in California. That's where Ford, Chevy, and likely to a lesser extent Rivian, come in. CyberTrucks and things like them will decidedly be "an LA thing" - my farmer buddy Bill might adopt an EV Ford and park it next to his carbonated F100 gasser, but he ain't buying no CyberTruck.

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Well, I can't say it's been fun or particularly enlightening. I feel like in your 10 years of EV ownership and living/breathing solar, you'd have realized the goal (and country) is larger than California. We need coal-rolling PA rednecks and the like to adopt these things, not just Devin and his Gen Z crypto-rich cousins in California. That's where Ford, Chevy, and likely to a lesser extent Rivian, come in. CyberTrucks and things like them will decidedly be "an LA thing" - my farmer buddy Bill might adopt an EV Ford and park it next to his carbonated F100 gasser, but he ain't buying no CyberTruck.
I don't presume to know what part of the country you're from but I know everything green starts in California and this is the market to push from.

Made in Illinois or Michigan, they will first sell in California.

I too hope Ford and Chevy sells their EVs. I think they are just doing it because they feel the pressure from the Tesla's Rivian's and Lucid's.

Rivian moved to California for this reason.

Middle America is a laggard and will always be a neo-Luddite mentality and maybe that's why Tesla moved to Texas. Enter the lions den. Make it there, and you prove to them they too can have an EV.

Hope Tesla does it. Because Ford and Chevy don't really care. As far as Mary Barra is concerned she's already made it per Bidens' inept claim that GM is the EV leader, with their 26 EV sales last quarter.

Rivian sold 35 times as many EVs than GM last quarter!

Long live Rivian
Long live EVs

Now get off my back lol

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Rivian R1T LE
I would jump into this discussion but, being a laggard, neo-Luddite resident of Texas, Iā€™m still trying to figure this internet thing out. Iā€™m starting to think this thing will actually take off and be broadly used.

Last edited:

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I would jump into this discussion but, being a laggard, neo-Luddite resident of Texas, Iā€™m still trying to figure this internet thing out. Iā€™m starting to think this thing will actually take off an be broadly used.
Don't worry friend, millions of very superior Californians are moving to Texas to help drag you out of the 19th century and update your draconian laws! You'll be able to buy brisket with Dogecoin any day now.
Sponsored