F-150 Hybrid charges a dead Electric motorcycle in the bed while driving

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer

This is awesome. The F150 charged the dead electric Zero motorcycle to 93% charge while in the bed of the truck during the 90 min drive. This will be great for future electric dirt bikes or those that have an Alta.

I sure hope Rivian has something similar.
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Great, just adds to my angst about holding out for the 'Lightning' ?

OP
OP
RivianXpress

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000

This is awesome. The F150 charged the dead electric Zero motorcycle to 93% charge while in the bed of the truck during the 90 min drive. This will be great for future electric dirt bikes or those that have an Alta.

I sure hope Rivian has something similar.
Impressive! What Andre said about plugging your camper in to say power the A/C the last leg of your trip and say cool it down before your arrival…that would be awesome.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

While waiting for the R1T, I found an e-bike for riding around town and to take on road trips to explore other areas while camping or hoteling. It will be convenient to be able to charge the battery from the R1T. As small as the bike battery is, the hit to the R1T's range will be minimal.

For those who like bicycling but haven't tried any of the new e-bikes, they are amazing fun. I have friends who are purists and think e-bikes are for wimps, but if "the last one to the pub has to buy!", you'll never have to bring your wallet with you. ?

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
While waiting for the R1T, I found an e-bike for riding around town and to take on road trips to explore other areas while camping or hoteling. It will be convenient to be able to charge the battery from the R1T. As small as the bike battery is, the hit to the R1T's range will be minimal.

For those who like bicycling but haven't tried any of the new e-bikes, they are amazing fun. I have friends who are purists and think e-bikes are for wimps, but if "the last one to the pub has to buy!", you'll never have to bring your wallet with you. ?
Just be aware that their usage on public lands “non-motorized” trails is a bit in flux right now. It seems to be trending towards e-bikes being allowed anywhere bikes are allowed, but BLM has been slow to get their regs updated. So best to check with the local land management agency before venturing onto any trail marked as non-motorized. Same goes for state, county or municipal lands - each will have their own regs on whether e-bikes are considered motorized as it relates to trail usage (which is completely separate from whether they are considered motorized from a DMV standpoint).

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Just be aware that their usage on public lands “non-motorized” trails is a bit in flux right now. It seems to be trending towards e-bikes being allowed anywhere bikes are allowed, but BLM has been slow to get their regs updated. So best to check with the local land management agency before venturing onto any trail marked as non-motorized. Same goes for state, county or municipal lands - each will have their own regs on whether e-bikes are considered motorized as it relates to trail usage (which is completely separate from whether they are considered motorized from a DMV standpoint).
Luckily, the guys at the shop gave similar advice, but thank you for mentioning it here. It is imperative to "know before you go", and I forgot to bring that up in my earlier comment. Mine is really a hybrid set up more for road usage, but the advice is the same for road and bike lanes. Some places are stricter than others and best to figure out the rules and regs beforehand. ?
Sponsored