Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Rivian Enthusiast
Clubs

A very kind motorist flagged me down on the off ramp of the FWY today to let me know my rear drivers side tire was looking bald. I thought he was exaggerating since I only have a little over 7,000 miles on my R1T. Well, he wasn't wrong. After arriving at work I looked under the bumper and snapped this picture. The entire inner 1/3 of the tire is basically gone. I immediately booked a service appointment to have it checked out. This can't be normal.

Rivian R1T R1S Extreme uneven tire wear after 7,000 miles 1678828057238
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
No, that is not normal! Can tell in the pic your camber is off by quite a bit.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Looks fine to me

(puts on glasses)

Oh shit...nope, like my uncle billy, that ain't normal

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Camber is fucked, a few of these from factory had issues, hit up Rivian for replacement tires.
Is this issue now resolved at the factory?

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i see metal wires exposed. you should stop driving that ASAP as its a real danger to blow.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Is this issue now resolved at the factory?
Depends on how many drinks billy had who works the alignment rack the night before 😂

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Would appear that you run your truck in the low suspension setting quite often. That will do it. Same issues with Tesla's. Car lowers, camber increases and inner edge wears quickly. I turned off auto-lowering as the minimal gain in range I might get is lost quickly in the added wear to the tires.

If you don't run in low, then yes, there's an alignment issue with your truck and need to get it in. But, I'm betting the former is the likely culprit. Had the exact thing happen on two of my Tesla's. Stopped allowing it to lower and the problem went away. Having learned already, never have allowed the Rivian to lower, except in rare circumstances.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Would appear that you run your truck in the low suspension setting quite often. That will do it. Same issues with Tesla's. Car lowers, camber increases and inner edge wears quickly. I turned off auto-lowering as the minimal gain in range I might get is lost quickly in the added wear to the tires.

If you don't run in low, then yes, there's an alignment issue with your truck and need to get it in. But, I'm betting the former is the likely culprit. Had the exact thing happen on two of my Tesla's. Stopped allowing it to lower and the problem went away. Having learned already, never have allowed the Rivian to lower, except in rare circumstances.
Not as much of an issue with Rivian's suspension. Rear is multi-link design, front is double wishbone.
Sponsored