Sponsored

Expansion of Rivian Service - when and where?

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I thought I recalled them saying the goal was 10k EDVs for this year, which is almost over. That's where I got my estimate of 8k EDVs from.
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I thought I recalled them saying the goal was 10k EDVs for this year, which is almost over. That's where I got my estimate of 8k EDVs from.
I had read the same earlier in the year but I thought it was also stated later I. The year that the target was a bit lower, around 5k for the year. The Amazon contract is 100k by 2030 I thought which leaves them plenty of time to ramp up the EDV line. It would be good if they separate out the lines in their quarterly reporting going forward.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Rivian just updated the Service page with a bunch of ā€œcoming soonā€ locations: https://rivian.com/experience/service
This is great and thanks for sharing. I see one opening (sometime) in Trenton which is good for the Philly area. Still a little surprised nothing in Delaware or northern Maryland (Baltimore). Quite a few planned for the greater NYC area. I would assume some of these will be late next year. But plans are better than nothing.

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
Any rumors of plans to build a service center in NC? One of my biggest reservations of a Rivian is the nearest service center is 3 hours away.

Sponsored

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
idlethoughts.blog
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Rivian R1T LE (delivered 6/28/22)
Occupation
Retired
Any rumors of plans to build a service center in NC? One of my biggest reservations of a Rivian is the nearest service center is 3 hours away.
NC law currently prohibits Rivian from opening a SC. Thatā€™s why Richmond supports us. The dealership protection regulations had a specific carve-out to allow Tesla to build a SC for Raleigh. The lack of this support is a big part of the reason Rivian went to GA for the second factory. The legislature wouldnā€™t changeā€¦

Goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner
Occupation
Clinical Research
NC law currently prohibits Rivian from opening a SC. Thatā€™s why Richmond supports us. The dealership protection regulations had a specific carve-out to allow Tesla to build a SC for Raleigh. The lack of this support is a big part of the reason Rivian went to GA for the second factory. The legislature wouldnā€™t changeā€¦
Thanks for the explanation. That's a real bummer but I guess it's just something to deal with if/when the time comes. Hopefully these antiquated laws will change to give us consumers more options. I went to check out a Ford Raptor from Crossroads Ford in Apex and they refused to give me a test drive and charged $10-15K ADM on all "new" models (i.e. Raptor, Bronco, Maverick, Lightning, Mach-E).

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I notice that San Jose is listed as open and there appears to be a coming soon in Modesto.

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
I recently made an appointment for some minor stuff at the South San Francisco SC and they asked if Iā€™d prefer to go to SF or San Jose, this being for the end of this month. Iā€™m still closer to SF but was unaware they were opening another SC in San Jose. As others have mentioned the local EV market is huge relative to most of the country. Nearly 27% of all new car sales across the 9 counties that make up the bay area (+7m people) are EVs. The county Iā€™m in is over 30%. I often see multiple Rivianā€™s on my ~5mile commute to workā€¦shoot thereā€™s already 2 R1Ts on my street alone.
Picked up my R1T in SJ 2 weeks ago.

jphillips97

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
They really need to get some way of serving the more remote areas. Florida has two (soon to be three) Service Centers. All of these are over 400 miles from me. I have a November, 2018 order date and I am probably looking at 2026 to get an R1T.

Brian
moosetags, I am with you... They plan to put 5 Service Centers on the peninsula and none in the panhandle... What the hell sense does that make.... Need to look at Mobile or Pensacola. Fills a big hole on the map

TouringDad

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Toyota Tacoma, Porsche 911 GTS
Occupation
Health Care Professional
Based in NC and decided to switch to my new ;) address in Texas to see if I can expedite delivery. I'm waiting on January manufacturing refresh.

Order date 10/2/21 R1S Forest Green/Forest Edge
Sponsored