Sponsored

Expansion of Rivian Service - when and where?

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Does anyone here on the Forums have any information, or even speculation, on when and where Rivian plans to extend their service capabilities?

Brian
Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I'm only aware of a new facility planned in Seattle off of South Boeing Access road. 3-4x larger than the Bellevue SC. The Bellevue one is the smallest but has the 3rd highest throughput according to mobile tech. They need it!
Made service appt in early November and the earliest was January 19th

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I'm only aware of a new facility planned in Seattle off of South Boeing Access road. 3-4x larger than the Bellevue SC. The Bellevue one is the smallest but has the 3rd highest throughput according to mobile tech. They need it!
Made service appt in early November and the earliest was January 19th
That would cut my drive time to just under an hour, which would be nice. Given the wait times in some areas, and the fact that production is ramping up, I can't imagine how not expanding the service centers could be sustainable, but maybe some are not too busy?

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

In the recent Reddit AMA they mentioned Cincinnati, Portland and several other locations through to end of Q1 2023. I have heard in the forums about one in Connecticut which is likely mid year. They have a lot to do with the east coast from Maine to Georgia only covered by 2-3 centers.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Pretty sure one opening in CT too.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Would love to see them expand the mobile tech service to help. Seems like that would be much cheaper than buying or leasing expensive real estate in major cities. The mobile techs could use the nearest SC as their base but live/ work an adjacent territory until another SC is necessary.

I’m sure staffing is still a thorn in their side too. It‘s not like they can train anyone to be a tech.

JOSH565

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 BMW 550i/ 97 Land Rover Range Rover/ 21 MachE
Occupation
Maintenance
Clubs

I would love to hear if anything planned for Hawaii, service center or even just mobile service. Seems like for us here in Hawaii we have a delivery window of some time 2024, no matter our order date.

Sponsored

Comstockery

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S (launch green, 22" dark); Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

That's good news. The closest SC to the DC area at the moment is in Richmond, VA.
Always struck me as odd for the temporary one to close and not have a permanent one for over six months later. Poor planning.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I received a call from Rivian Service last evening regarding some minors fixes that need to be done. To my surprise, they booked me for the new downtown Portland location in the first week of Jan 2023. I guess the new service center is progressing much faster than originally anticipated.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Always struck me as odd for the temporary one to close and not have a permanent one for over six months later. Poor planning.
The temporary location was a leased side, where Rivian couldn’t install any permanent hardware. The lease was short term and wasn’t a long-term ideal location for Rivian due to its small size. The location was purchased by Tesla and will be a customer center.

Ironically, all the equipment that was in Rockville ended up in Richmond, taking up 1/3 of their parts storage area.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

That's good news. The closest SC to the DC area at the moment is in Richmond, VA.
Yep, and the Richmond site is overcommitted by a long shot. They’re covering SC, NC, VA, parts of Tennessee, VA, W. VA and MD. I believe also some areas on the eastern shore. Not sure where the cutoff line is for Brooklyn/Richmond coverage.
Sponsored