Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
designer
Hi All,
Is anyone else experiencing rear wheel camber? I've got it scheduled for service a month from now. But saw another R1T driving around town and noticed a similar rear wheel camber. Not as bad as mine though. I've had mine for just over a month now but noticed it day 1 and seems to be getting slightly worse.

Rivian R1T R1S Excessive Rear Wheel Camber Rivian 1.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Excessive Rear Wheel Camber Screenshot 2023-02-06 113658.JPG
Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Have you verified it persists in all suspension heights? Could be due to the suspension being lowered down. My truck isn't with me to go look but I've never noticed it, at least.

OP
OP

Mattyratz

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
designer
Yes, I did. I've tried it in all modes and even disabled Kneel mode and other options and the camber is the same in all heights.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Should be a little camber but this looks like it might be slightly too much.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Not sure what the spec is, but based on other posts I would estimate less than -1.0 degrees. It looks out of spec in those photos.

Sponsored

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
@Mattyratz are you experiencing and uneven tire wear? Negative camber is not unusual on 4-wheel independent suspension vehicles, particularly ones with air suspension.

I agree with the sentiment that it does look a bit more negative than what would be considered normal, but I know that various different viewing angles can sometimes be misleading. Sometimes I look at the back of my Model X and think it looks overly negative as well...but the tires are wearing perfectly fine.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The pic from farther behind seeing both wheels doesn't look as bad as the pic of your single left wheel. Still looks like it might be slightly too much.

OP
OP

Mattyratz

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
designer
Not sure what the spec is, but based on other posts I would estimate less than -1.0 degrees. It looks out of spec in those photos.
agree i would guess it's at about 3 degrees right now on both rear wheels

OP
OP

Mattyratz

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
designer
@Mattyratz are you experiencing and uneven tire wear? Negative camber is not unusual on 4-wheel independent suspension vehicles, particularly ones with air suspension.

I agree with the sentiment that it does look a bit more negative than what would be considered normal, but I know that various different viewing angles can sometimes be misleading. Sometimes I look at the back of my Model X and think it looks overly negative as well...but the tires are wearing perfectly fine.
I think the uneven wear will start happening. I've only got 1500 miles on it so far so can't tell much. My brother has an R1T as well and mine looks vastly different than his and my ride is rougher.

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
I think the uneven wear will start happening. I've only got 1500 miles on it so far so can't tell much. My brother has an R1T as well and mine looks vastly different than his and my ride is rougher.
Yeah, just keep an eye on the inside rears. If it's really off it won't take long until you start to feel wear if you reach in there now and then.

I wonder how much camber adjustment, if any, these vehicles have? I haven't put actual eyeballs on the underside of one yet, I'm still impatiently waiting for mine to arrive in a couple weeks.

Sponsored

Mignodon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Rs1 / Ford F350 diesel
Occupation
Law enforcement Mariner
Hi All,
Is anyone else experiencing rear wheel camber? I've got it scheduled for service a month from now. But saw another R1T driving around town and noticed a similar rear wheel camber. Not as bad as mine though. I've had mine for just over a month now but noticed it day 1 and seems to be getting slightly worse.

Rivian 1.JPG

Screenshot 2023-02-06 113658.JPG
That looks pretty much like mine which I just got. I'm going into service for no power to drivers mirror and now I'm going to ask them to check the camber too. Looks like a lot to me too.

OP
OP

Mattyratz

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
designer
That looks pretty much like mine which I just got. I'm going into service for no power to drivers mirror and now I'm going to ask them to check the camber too. Looks like a lot to me too.
mine ended up being just over 3 percent on both back tires and they replaced a hub or a seal on one of the hubs and it fixed it
Sponsored