First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN

Always liked his videos. One of the best at explaining things in a straightforward and understandable way without making a video so long you need to schedule time off work to watch.
Sponsored

Defiance

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T FG, OR Wheels, xpel full fusion wrap
Occupation
Tech
Super interesting especially considering after this last cold snap and then warming here in the PNW I’ve been getting pinged to up my pressure. Cold the tires are around 44psi but heat up to the recommended 48 or so in 40-45 degree ambient temps. Gonna try a similar route before and after pumping up cold pressure to recommendation and see how much of a difference I witness.

Jack Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette Z06, Cherokee, Nissan Titan, BMW 1200GSA
I watched this the other day. I guess if you watch enough Munro videos, the algorithms decide you’re a nerd. EV tires explained was number 1 on my recommended list 🤓

Kieran

First Name
Kieran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla S75, 2007 Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Engineer
I missed the part where he acknowledged how much Hankook paid him for this segment, LOL.
EDIT: just realized he says at the beginning "this video sponsored by Hankook" ... first time watching my sound didn't kick in until about 20 seconds in... so I literally did miss it.
I write reviews online for home electronics, and we are required to disclose if the manufacturer provided any compensation of any kind.
I really like Engineering Explained usually, and this one had great technical content, but it felt like one long Hankook advertisement.
What I'd love to hear from someone like him, is a comparison of various EV-specific tires.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I missed the part where he acknowledged how much Hankook paid him for this segment, LOL.
EDIT: just realized he says at the beginning "this video sponsored by Hankook" ... first time watching my sound didn't kick in until about 20 seconds in... so I literally did miss it.
I write reviews online for home electronics, and we are required to disclose if the manufacturer provided any compensation of any kind.
I really like Engineering Explained usually, and this one had great technical content, but it felt like one long Hankook advertisement.
What I'd love to hear from someone like him, is a comparison of various EV-specific tires.
Thank you: As someone looking for the best studded winter tires (R1S), for the 23-24 winter, and am considering Nokian, this would useful. Let there be comparative reviews. Right now I drive studded on our ICE vehicle and non-studded winter tires on the X. Where I live studded for an EV is the way to go because slipping at any speed with a heavy vehicle is risky.
Sponsored

Last edited: