Sponsored

EV charging in the US is broken: Verge article

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
This is such a weird argument for y'all to be having. At this point I'm pretty sure if I started quoting you with the attributions backward, you'd argue against your own previous statements, all of you. There's 1 supercharger in the UP that just opened in June. There doesn't seem to be any CCS stations currently in the UP, but there are some reported on Plugshare as coming soon. No info on the charging speed though. The UP is pretty equally crappy coverage for everybody right now, although it will get better "soon". So what, exactly, are y'all arguing about, and why?
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
It doesn't show up in the car's planner yet.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

This is such a weird argument for y'all to be having. At this point I'm pretty sure if I started quoting you with the attributions backward, you'd argue against your own previous statements, all of you. There's 1 supercharger in the UP that just opened in June. There doesn't seem to be any CCS stations currently in the UP, but there are some reported on Plugshare as coming soon. No info on the charging speed though. The UP is pretty equally crappy coverage for everybody right now, although it will get better "soon". So what, exactly, are y'all arguing about, and why?
Norway's DCFC has been open for a while. But if you're coming through the lower peninsula, lots of the upper is still unreachable without needing level 2. Big Mack to Marquette is still a pretty big jump even for a Tesla. I wouldn't attempt doing it in the winter time with a standard range Model 3.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE Retired
You are right. It is stupid. I was arguing against the statement that there are no functioning SuperChargers in the UP. There are a half dozen.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
As I read through these back and forth forum debates I find that even without one side or the other being completely correct I can find some useful info or perspective.
For example here I found that even amongst informed EV enthusiasts EV rout planning and charging infrastructure is unclear, and that's a problem for the community at large. Also Ajdelange recommended downloading the plugshare app which I don't yet have so based on this recommendation I will.
So how do we feel Pres. Biden is handling the U.S. geopolitical strategy?... Just Kidding lets keep debates to the minutia of the merits of themed interior accent lighting and the like.

Sponsored

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Occupation
health care
A ccs station opened in November 2020 in Norway, Michigan and has been on plugshare for months.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE Retired
I'll only comment on Biden's BEV promotion with respect to charging. As would any politician worthy of the label he will push to have charging stations put where he thinks it will get him the most votes and not where they will be most effective in widening acceptance of BEV.
Sponsored

Last edited: