Sponsored

Estimated time wait if ordering now?

AlexL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I guess if there is no planned Toronto Rivian showroom on the horizon, Ontario Canada orders are going to be way back of the line.
Why do you think no showroom is planned for Toronto?
I don't remember seeing information either way, just wondering if i missed anything...
Sponsored

notdeadyet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota RAV4 Prime
Sorry, probably a bonehead question: How do you find your order number or place in the queue? I put down my deposit in early February for a max pack R1T so no LE for me, but is there still an order number I can see?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Sorry, probably a bonehead question: How do you find your order number or place in the queue? I put down my deposit in early February for a max pack R1T so no LE for me, but is there still an order number I can see?
After Aug 2020, the order numbers stopped making sense, so yours will prob be over a million. You can still see it if you go to your configuration on Rivians page and the number will be on the search bar.
Www.rivian.com/...../"order#

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I have a 1995 Bronco that is for sale :)
I was just looking at The Old Bailey Place, Looks like a great launch pad for adventuring in our new R1. Does it have a Nema 14-50 outlet to charge from? I know not likely something that was planned for in 1890! Are there any other charging locations in the vicinity?

DallasBBQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender 110 Dynamic X, R1S
Do you think Rivian will deliver all Launch Edition orders by end of year? Looks like they are estimating delivery for non launch edition orders starting January of 2022. Can I assume that implies all preorders will be delivered this year? I placed my order Jan 2020.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Do you think Rivian will deliver all Launch Edition orders by end of year? Looks like they are estimating delivery for non launch edition orders starting January of 2022. Can I assume that implies all preorders will be delivered this year? I placed my order Jan 2020.
Every indication from Rivian to this point states all launch editions delivered in 2021. It's a tall order but I'm holding out hope for November delivery for my February 2020 R1T preorder delivery.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Every indication from Rivian to this point states all launch editions delivered in 2021. It's a tall order but I'm holding out hope for November delivery for my February 2020 R1T preorder delivery.
I have an R1T LE reservation placed in Nov 2020. I really think it would be awesome if Rivian wrapped it like a Christmas present and left it in my driveway on December 25!

That would allow them to still fulfill LE order in 2021 and allow me to hold my $80K a little longer, then claim my $7500 rebate within a few months. Time value of money is a real thing.

You never know that money may equate to a tank of diesel for my "real" truck. :CWL:

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

is the "chip" shortage or for that matter any of the supply chain disruptions due to COVID going to affect delivery date?

After having waited almost 8 years for our Elio (at this point I think the $$$ is down the toliet) it always concerns me that the date could keep shifting to the right.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
is the "chip" shortage or for that matter any of the supply chain disruptions due to COVID going to affect delivery date?

After having waited almost 8 years for our Elio (at this point I think the $$$ is down the toliet) it always concerns me that the date could keep shifting to the right.
Pure conjecture, but I think Rivian has considered silicon availability in their forecasts.

Also, being a lower-production manufacturer means that chip shortages affect them less. 40k units can satisfy Rivian for an entire year of production, where as 40k units may only give a company like Ford or GM a couple weeks of runway.

Sponsored

AJB17

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Occupation
Real Estate
I would take delivery of the Bronco and drive it until Rivian gives you a delivery date. If you like the Bronco keep it and cancel the Rivian , if not sell for a profit and take delivery of the Rivian. Or keep the Bronco and take delivery of the Rivian and sell it for a profit. Both the Bronco and Rivian are heavily back ordered and there is a huge demand for pre owned low mileage vehicles.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I would take delivery of the Bronco and drive it until Rivian gives you a delivery date. If you like the Bronco keep it and cancel the Rivian , if not sell for a profit and take delivery of the Rivian. Or keep the Bronco and take delivery of the Rivian and sell it for a profit. Both the Bronco and Rivian are heavily back ordered and there is a huge demand for pre owned low mileage vehicles.
Good advice for sure, but you do realize this thread is a year old?
Sponsored