Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
For this crowd I would think the more accurate statement is "That will excite AND depress people"
You're correct. In fact, I'm already excited and depressed by this news. ;)

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I got a guide call this morning. March/April ETA for my LE R1S (Limestone/Black Mt/20s, Dec 2018 preorder, Austin).

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I got a guide call this morning. March/April ETA for my LE R1S (Limestone/Black Mt/20s, Dec 2018 preorder, Austin).

Whoaaaa!!!! Is this the first R1S contact?? This pumps me up!

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Greetings. In a chat just now, the CS agent indicated they are adding a estimated time of delivery feature to the configuration tool by the end of the year…

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
They haven’t delivered a single vehicle to non-employees yet. I wouldn’t trust the tool now, but going to be necessary eventually.

The real question is if their production can keep up with their hiring so the public gets vehicles eventually??

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
The calculator is just going to get them more negative feedback. It's really for tempering the expectations of people ordering today.

The only delivery guarantee is that it's going to arrive much later than you want.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Here's hoping mine's at or about, given that I'm probably close enough to be within Normal delivery! (Although not an LE holder)

Texasag05

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
Had you been contacted by your guide previously?

Wags

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Clubs

Congrats Skyote! Here’s more of us getting our calls ?

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Leaning on that celebrity status. ?

Joking aside that is great to hear.

The calculator is just going to get them more negative feedback. It's really for tempering the expectations of people ordering today.

The only delivery guarantee is that it's going to arrive much later than you want.
I think it'll help personally. I'd pay a lot less attention to them if I knew I may be Q1 2022 or q2 2023. Let it adjust on the fly like everyone else is doing, that's fine. But at least give us an idea.

Plus I think it would help with their customer's mental health, while also cutting down on CS pings.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager

I think it'll help personally. I'd pay a lot less attention to them if I knew I may be Q1 2022 or q2 2023. Let it adjust on the fly like everyone else is doing, that's fine. But at least give us an idea.

Plus I think it would help with their customer's mental health, while also cutting down on CS pings.
Agreed.

Any timeline, even a rough one, that moves around, is better than radio silence.

And honestly, it won't be any worse than what's going on with Tesla's (and, really, any car manufacturer) right now. At best, most of these companies are putting tablestakes at the semester level, not even shooting for quarter. If I can get an idea on my R1T being H1 of CY23 that's better than not knowing if it will be in Feb of 2022 or Dec of 2024. It at least allows me some planning.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Congrats. Does your Reservation page indicating that time line or anything showing the change in your status?

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Whoaaaa!!!! Is this the first R1S contact?? This pumps me up!
So guess this points to them trying to complete all LE deliveries by Spring 2022.

What's confounding is the website still says "Deliveries start Jan 2022", when that is inaccurate. I can't see a non-LE preorder getting theirs prior to an LE, or I guess unless its an early-early order but just not LE trim?

In any case, for someone who went to the website now and ordered, they are being misled if they think they will get theirs in Jan 2022. They should just remove the date.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Physician

I agree, at the very least it will keep me from obsessing over when I may expect mine to arrive. I'd rather have a range than bombarding the forums/reddit looking at who is getting theirs and their numbers, etc.
Sponsored