Sponsored

Error Message: Person, Animal or Loose Cargo in Gear Tunnel

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
My driver's side Gear Tunnel release button now requires TWO presses to open the door. The first press does nothing, made no sound, then when I press it one more time, you can hear the normal electric release noise and the door is then release. Add this to my "to be repair" list : (
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Well, another hot day, another animal or person stuck in my gear tunnel. I was fed up so I ripped the cover off and started poking. What do you know, the plug for the entrapment button was barely hanging in there. I easily pulled it out, sure enough it kept going off. I plugged it in right, pulled a little and it wouldn't come out, and SILENCE.

Rivian R1T R1S Error Message:  Person, Animal or Loose Cargo in Gear Tunnel PXL_20220628_022151734~2

Rivian R1T R1S Error Message:  Person, Animal or Loose Cargo in Gear Tunnel PXL_20220628_022144455~2

The best part: Rivian called me 10 minutes later and asked me about my month old service ticket regarding it. I asked the guy if he saw it in the log or something, or was watching me, so I waved at the camera in the rearview and he laughed. COINCIDENCE?

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Well, another hot day, another animal or person stuck in my gear tunnel. I was fed up so I ripped the cover off and started poking. What do you know, the plug for the entrapment button was barely hanging in there. I easily pulled it out, sure enough it kept going off. I plugged it in right, pulled a little and it wouldn't come out, and SILENCE.

PXL_20220628_022151734~2.jpg

PXL_20220628_022144455~2.jpg

The best part: Rivian called me 10 minutes later and asked me about my month old service ticket regarding it. I asked the guy if he saw it in the log or something, or was watching me, so I waved at the camera in the rearview and he laughed. COINCIDENCE?
Literally the same on mine, the cover was loose, pulled it down, verified connections and snapped the cover fully into place. No more issue!!!
Sponsored