Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Limestone/Forest Edge
Occupation
Welder
Clubs

New video from Rivian with details about battery pack design.

EDIT: Video link updated

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Buck

Buck

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Limestone/Forest Edge
Occupation
Welder
Clubs

@Buck thanks. FYI - new Rivian related videos are being tracked in thread Rivian videos as posted on Rivian Stories or their YouTube channel

Also, looks like Rivian, for some reason, has taken down this video.
Thanks, Eye. Apologies if this thread is redundant. Didn't see the Rivian Stories thread. I think this video is especially interesting for those interested in Rivian battery and charging tech as well as alternative energy storage and battery upcycling.

Some new info I learned from the video before it went private - packs have been designed to:
  • learn driving and charging patterns of the user
  • withstand wide range of extreme usages and temperatures
  • transfer easily to grid power storage after vehicle use life

No technical specifications divulged, but the visuals and ideas behind battery pack design are awesome to say the least.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
dang it... I missed it... saw the email come across and figured I would watch it a little later... guess I'll have to see if they make it available again or probably a slightly altered version

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Thanks, Eye. Apologies if this thread is redundant. Didn't see the Rivian Stories thread. I think this video is especially interesting for those interested in Rivian battery and charging tech as well as alternative energy storage and battery upcycling.

Some new info I learned from the video before it went private - packs have been designed to:
  • learn driving and charging patterns of the user
  • withstand wide range of extreme usages and temperatures
  • transfer easily to grid power storage after vehicle use life

No technical specifications divulged, but the visuals and ideas behind battery pack design are awesome to say the least.
No worries. Being one of (if not The) larger Rivian forums there's loads of information here that can easily go overlooked.

Information from the video is nothing I haven't heard/read before but it is ... err ... was a good video that encapsulated that information. Glad you were able to see in time. I suspect/hope it will get re-posted ... unless there was possibly something in the background they didn't want to reveal now ... or ever. E.g. IIRC there was a women standing in front of a whiteboard that had wiring diagrams and other info on it. Proprietary info? :oops:
Sponsored