Sponsored

JMR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC WK2 | Previously: Audi SQ5, GMC Canyon, many others
Like others have mentioned previously, the configurator is likely being held back by supply chain constraints or waiting to see what their competitors reveal. They've had dozens of new supply chain postings in the past two months.

We saw a slight change in diction with pricing around the time of the Cybertruck reveal. The Hummer reveal is 10 days away. I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting to leverage the best pricing and customer experience possible. I'll be more skeptical/concerned if something substantial isn't released in the next 6 weeks or so.

It's entertaining looking back on our original guesses.. Who's gonna win?!

Rivian R1T R1S Email update on Rivian Configurator, Financing, Brand Store Screenshot_20201010-003325
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JeremyMKE

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I don’t understand when people need things to fit in their definition of proper. This is a new car company. An industry that can define the difference between an economic super power and not. They are extraordinarily complex operations under the best of circumstances.
Is Rivian acting solely in the interest of the individual consumer? No. Of course not. There are huge considerations and consequences to building longevity and staying power.
Rivian branding and general ethos has resonated with me. It’s marketing for sure but if I wanted predictability and maximum reliability I would have bought a Raptor.
The rebelle rally is a great example of their attempt to be different as well as long way up. Those are extremely risky PR moves. I love that spirit.

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
I am not sure why some people are so upset by the delay in the Configurator. Other than curiosity no one needs to Configure until RIVIAN is ready to place the orders. They have already said what the base price ranges will be. The Options will obviously raise the price 10-20% max. If delivery is not until mid to late 2021 a Car Company normally puts out their Configurator 6 months before delivery. So Q1 2021 would be when we could see more info( they have indicated late 2020). Yes I’m as curious as anybody else but most important to me is when, based on my Options, will I get the Vehicle? Knowing that some people will get their deliveries in 2021 and others in 2022 won’t change because of the Configurator. On another point I’m happy Amazon is involved as it gives me comfort knowing the Company is well financed.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Unfortunately, things keep changing on the delivery side of things, but getting a configurator in place should not have been delayed because of COVID or if it did by one to max two months. This shows that Rivian is poorly organized, and their whole approach as a company was never intended to launch by the end of the year with the R1T by the end of the year 2020.
I get Tesla did the same thing, but they were the first to market and used these sgtretched out promises and they had that luxury and what other options did buyers have ... Rivian should have stuck to a rigid schedule and figured some downtime in their business plan. There is tiny excuse for a configurator which can be done remotely. As I said above it is a lame excuse. Rivian this really shows you dont have your act together but again who cares! Right Robert?? you are getting another $BILLION or two from Bozo a billionaire. You are no diffferent then the Billions of dollars that surround you and in the end your public customers are not properly looked after as you pander to the money. Its just much better Robert to be real and tell the truth to your up and coming real customers who will ultimately be your friend and biggest supporters even while they will scold you now. Trying to make it look good and using Covid is disingenuous and you would be surprised how your future one by one customers will support you more overall than your billionaire account the Bozo Amo to your head dictator. totally undstand getting that account and supporting it but tell your strongest FUTURE customers the truth even simply as the truth about the Configurator whcih you dropped like a hot potato for an email from Bozo saying here is another few billions but I want my EV vans top priority. you are owned - by Amazon. Money controls you and all we are asking you is to be transparent ... I would loved to have had a R1T truck at end of the year as first promised by end of 2020 but that was delayed by Bozo's money and demands.
Are you from the Tesla fan club? I see you joined this forum just yesterday, very late in the evening only to write a very long negative “opinion” of a company you seem to have no idea of. Or you are here to solely stir the pot.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian seemed intent on making announcements and video reveals when other companies have been doing theirs to ride their coattails. I'm expecting something around the time of the Hummer reveal in 9 days.

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Perhaps I’ve just missed it in previous interior photos, but I don’t recall seeing the things circled in red on the A-Pillar before. Speakers maybe? I know Audis have speakers there when you option the B&O sound systems
Rivian R1T R1S Email update on Rivian Configurator, Financing, Brand Store 27781A87-79BB-443B-BD2D-C4B28786B093

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Perhaps I’ve just missed it in previous interior photos, but I don’t recall seeing the things circled in red on the A-Pillar before. Speakers maybe? I know Audis have speakers there when you option the B&O sound systems
27781A87-79BB-443B-BD2D-C4B28786B093.jpeg
I’d imagine the tweaters

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
Almost certainly. I just hadn’t noticed those in any other interior pictures before. Maybe this is the premium sound system IRL?

2Tonic

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron
Occupation
Medical Device CEO
Cool stuff, done well, takes time and refinement. Just joined the forum and still poking around in the various areas. I went for an early e-tron - range is a disappointment but at least it is a start. Charging infrastructure improves daily. It will be sweet to have quick chargers in more locations.
Rivian seems to have their act together. If the designs, towing numbers and ranges are accurate, they will quickly take their place at the head of this market. It will be interesting to see how they will work into the emerging TaaS phenomenon. We live in exciting times and it is increasingly difficult to remain patient. I live in Plymouth and I am sorry to see Rivian consolidate their operations and move the local team to Cali. It is increasingly difficult to keep my penchant for immediate gratification on hold, so I am sitting back and trying to enjoy the ride.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Almost certainly. I just hadn’t noticed those in any other interior pictures before. Maybe this is the premium sound system IRL?
Lolz since they didn't give them GPS, maybe they gave them a premium audio option

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
Gotta keep em entertained somehow!

JMR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC WK2 | Previously: Audi SQ5, GMC Canyon, many others
Nice attention to detail catching that. Sure looks like a speaker grille.. I don't think I've seen one with contrast coloring from the A-pillar.

The other object is probably a suction cup mount.

Rivian R1T R1S Email update on Rivian Configurator, Financing, Brand Store 1602467205951

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
The configuration utility should have been a top priority. This is definitely a sign that Rivian is a BIGGER SCAM than even Nikola!
You and everyone who agrees with this should just cancel your pre-orders right away.