SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I'm an very early reservation holder with OC since day one. Not sure how they're deciding who gets them.
I would write customer support and make sure they have the correct email address for you. Also, my Rivian emails get filtered into my promotions tab in Gmail which I have to go looking in to find.
Sponsored

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
I would write customer support and make sure they have the correct email address for you. Also, my Rivian emails get filtered into my promotions tab in Gmail which I have to go looking in to find.
No, I'm getting the emails. I'm the one that posted the new email from Rivian about the options that was merged into this thread I guess. I'm just not sure how they're deciding, who all gets them and when.

aeroberner

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, R1T
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Talk amongst yourselves....

[Update with Rivian Post with additional photos]

We appreciate your excitement for your preorder. As previously announced, we have been working through supply chain challenges that have made it difficult to source the light ash wood needed for our Ocean Coast interior.

To overcome these challenges, we are happy to introduce an updated Ocean Coast design that replaces the light wood accents with dark-stained wood.

Importantly, this design update allows us to begin making Ocean Coast deliveries.​
668274db-8988-43aa-bbaf-2993ec3f989e.png
We are excited by the new design and how the new dark wood accents contrast the lighter materials throughout the cabin. You can also see more photos of the new design in the configurator.

If you prefer having lighter accents throughout the cabin, we will be introducing a new Ocean Coast trim with a wrapped vegan leather instrument panel as part of our Adventure Package in the configurator later this year, with deliveries starting in early 2023. I shared more about these Ocean Coast updates with our friends at Rivian Stories, which you can watch here.​
fb54cb2e-0922-4da6-9c34-f2e9706a4f0d.png
Here are your next steps as a result of this update:​
  • If you like Ocean Coast’s new dark-stained ash wood, no action is necessary.
  • If you prefer to change your preorder to another interior option altogether, you can do that in your configuration now. We will provide updated timing as soon as it’s available after changes are made.
  • If you prefer lighter accents and want to wait for the wrapped vegan leather Ocean Coast trim, we will notify you later this year when the choice is added to the configurator and you can make changes then.
We appreciate your patience on our path to getting you your vehicle. As always, if you have any questions, please reach out.

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement​
Worth also noting the updated wrapped black coming!
Ref:
Rivian R1T R1S Email: Ocean Coast Design Update – Dark Ash Wood or Wrapped Vegan Leather Wrapped Black Dash

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Again with these emails that never get sent to me for whatever reason. Or did this just go out to anyone with Explorer configs or those that had OC selected?
Good question. I did not get that email or the tax rebate email either.

Sponsored

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

I like it. I was in camp OC, then switched to black during all the OC delay talks earlier this year. I'd take forest or ocean in a heartbeat, but I'm OK enough with the black to stick with it if I can get my truck this year and take the $7500 tax credit now rather than wait a year... My family's second R1S for delivery later next year will stick with the white on white...

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I switched from OC to FE. How does this affect the FE deliveries? I have always said I would prefer the FE wood on the OC. This new option of BM wood on OC is interesting and free.
more to contemplate…

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
They should just change the name back to Lunar Rock since that's much more descriptive of what it is now.

Rivian Interior Swatches Colors and Materials.jpg
Lunar rock was just an amazing combo. Wish it would have made it to production.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I like "Black Sea" I am debating in my head what the OC .2 would look like if i wrapped the wood in a rivian blue wrap. Anyone whos good at photoshop want to give it a shot? I think it will look cool but also might be too much blue for an interior.

Siva

First Name
Siva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2013 Leaf S and 2006 Pilot EX-L
I switched to Black Mountain last week to avoid delay. I am now back to Ocean Coast. 🤞

Sponsored

ciderarchitect

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Architect/Contractor
I switched from OC to FE in May, when OC delay was official, then switched back to ”Black Coast” yesterday. Was open to FE and was willing to pay the extra $2K if it moved my delivery up notably, but we are almost to Q4 so ’earlier’ doesn’t look to be happening… Sounds like the new OC deliveries might be imminent. 🤞🏼

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Wow. That is going to sting for a lot of folks. I wonder how many didn't bother getting a purchase agreement in place thinking they wouldn't be at the $80K cap, and now might be.
Only the segment of reservation holders with sub-$80,000 MSRPs who were also certain we will find out Rivian’s batteries qualify under the new EV credit law’s battery mineral/component requirement would have skipped signing the binding purchase agreement. Can’t be too many with that insight. 😉

XLR8R

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla MS LR, Audi Q7 S-Line
Occupation
Realtor
Clubs

I like the new look, but now I can't remember exactly what the original wood looked like. Does anyone have a screengrab or "old" pictures saved of the OG OC? Not that it would do any good, but I would like to see the old and new side-by-side.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I like the new look, but now I can't remember exactly what the original wood looked like. Does anyone have a screengrab or "old" pictures saved of the OG OC? Not that it would do any good, but I would like to see the old and new side-by-side.
OG OC....

Rivian R1T R1S Email: Ocean Coast Design Update – Dark Ash Wood or Wrapped Vegan Leather Interior Front

New OC...

Rivian R1T R1S Email: Ocean Coast Design Update – Dark Ash Wood or Wrapped Vegan Leather FadzoFWVEAA-bf6

Rivian R1T R1S Email: Ocean Coast Design Update – Dark Ash Wood or Wrapped Vegan Leather FadzsuIVEAAbvJS

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Only the segment of reservation holders with sub-$80,000 MSRPs who were also certain we will find out Rivian’s batteries qualify under the new EV credit law’s battery mineral/component requirement would have skipped signing the binding purchase agreement. Can’t be too many with that insight. 😉
If you were an Explorer package person, and your "upgraded" R1T exceeds 80K, or you exceed 150/300K or the batteries get you - you are out of luck.

If I was in one of those boats, and didn't sign an agreement, I would be pissed. That's probably not an insignificant number of folks. Probably not a ton either, to your point - but now they are left in the cold potentially on the credit.

It also disincentivizes them for spending more money. Say you forcefully got upgraded by Rivian to an Adventure package. Well, you can argue that you might as well try and make the best of it and configure your R1T because - hey - you still get $7,500 off. Well, not any more. So now you are not incentivized to spend a dime more because you want to stay under that $80K cap.

I think Rivian shot themselves in the foot a little bit here by not announcing this change before the EV tax credit law went into place to give people the time to potentially go over the 80K cap in a mutually beneficial way.
Sponsored