Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
What do you mean by a "locked" order?
After contact with the guide the configuration is "locked", and you have to reach out to your guides for any changes. Sounds like this change will now allow that to be an option through the account page.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Glad they are offering this, it should speed up the process for everyone.

I wouldn't be against a meet up to take devilry in a larger group:
4 R1S owners take delivery in a large parking lot somewhere. We can all get instruction on the vehicle, finish our process and go on our way. Would also help speed things up.

dixosw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I read it as no more Guide contacts, it's all online now. Not sure why I didn't get the email - I'm an R1T pre-order and I live near a Service Center. Another random Rivian email that some people get and some don't I suppose.

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson

Jared2

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
After contact with the guide the configuration is "locked", and you have to reach out to your guides for any changes. Sounds like this change will now allow that to be an option through the account page.
So for your R1S, you've already been contacted by a Guide and locked?

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
So for your R1S, you've already been contacted by a Guide and locked?
Yes - I have the general details outlined in my signature.

Sponsored

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I haven't received this email yet either and it certainly seems as if it is one that should go to all pre-order holders.

I also never received the email from two(?) weeks ago that only some folks received.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
No, that's not at all true. I picked up my Tesla at the Austin service center. However, I had to use FedEx for all off the paperwork to purchase the car, as it was sold technically from Las Vegas. Once all that paperwork and the payment was sent back to LV, they shipped the car to Austin, then I went to go pick it up from there.
I believe Tesla is treated differently and grandfathered in here, as well as in other states. I know you cannot take your Rivian mobile test drive from a service center in Texas for the same reason.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
That makes no sense. People buy vehicles out of state, all the time. Taking delivery out of your state shouldn't be a problem. If anything, having the vehicle delivered to you by Rivian seems like a larger problem.
That's not what I said, it's not about the customer and where they are from or not from. Legally, Rivian cannot partake in any activities related to the marketing or sale of vehicles in TX or other states with similar laws. Therefore, you cannot take a test drive from their facility, talk about pricing with someone at their facility, or consummate a transaction/take delivery at their facility.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I wonder how the ability to confirm your configuration will affect the ability of a guide to match you to a vehicle that isn’t your exact specification. I’m currently configured for LA Silver but wouldn’t say no to Glacier White or Rivian Blue.

If people are still getting guides perhaps it doesn’t matter, but I can see this move lightening the work for guides and limiting early guide assignments, which in turn could limit the ability of some people to get matched to a vehicle versus waiting for their exact configuration.

Edit: I’ll also add that I understand they are trying to improve communication, but this is yet another thing coming “s00n” without any indication of when it will actually roll out. People are still waiting on promised updated delivery windows and the ability to see how changes will affect delivery timing right from the account page.
I was assigned a guide 3 weeks ago. I don't know if it was just my experience or if this was a new procedure. But when we were going over my configuration, I said I'm willing to make a few changes if that would match me with a vehicle quicker. My guide said no. We will lock this configuration in. So maybe they are trying to get away from finding similar vehicles and deliver the vehicle that was built for the individual. IDK
Sponsored