Sponsored

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Rivian R1T R1S [Email] An Update On Your R1 Registration Screenshot_20220701-081529_Gmail
Rivian R1T R1S [Email] An Update On Your R1 Registration Screenshot_20220701-081358_Gmail

Wish they had sent this out a little earlier before WA raised new plate fees. My temp tags expired yesterday...but I can't drive my R1T anyways since it's been in the shop since April 26. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Thing is I got a similar email today from my guide but I have been in regular communication with him, in fact he is well aware I sorted this out at the DMV last week and Rivian refunded what I had to pay and my doc fee. It's funny that your message was different.

At least they are not still blaming the DMV.

Rivian R1T R1S [Email] An Update On Your R1 Registration 1656688993786

OP
OP
r1vlife

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thing is I got a similar email today from my guide but I have been in regular communication with him, in fact he is well aware I sorted this out at the DMV last week and Rivian refunded what I had to pay and my doc fee. It's funny that your message was different.

At least they are not still blaming the DMV.

1656688993786.png
I'm pretty sure it's an oh shit automated email.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Even registration is complicated huh....

Sponsored

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
Most dealerships use a third party service to handle the DMV paperwork for customers...

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Most dealerships use a third party service to handle the DMV paperwork for customers...
I have literally never had this happen. In every instance where I've bought from a dealer I either got all the paperwork necessary to register at the time of sale or they sent title paperwork to the DMV and I still had to go to the DMV office to complete everything. Whatever Rivian is doing seems like far more hassle than just dealing with it ourselves. Even more so if we want specialty or personalized plates.

Voronbrg

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everything
Screenshot_20220701-081529_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20220701-081358_Gmail.jpg

Wish they had sent this out a little earlier before WA raised new plate fees. My temp tags expired yesterday...but I can't drive my R1T anyways since it's been in the shop since April 26. 🤷‍♂️
I Don't know about your state but in Texas you could apply for lemon.

OP
OP
r1vlife

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm sure I could. I'm not informed on what benefit(s) I would get from doing that.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
While I cannot speak to this directly, it seems like another unforced and avoidable mistake by Rivian given widespread delays in Rivian handled title and reg paperwork.

Why Rivian insisted on taking more admin themselves instead of letting the customer do so for registration and title is a bit ridonkulous.

That they took so long to reach this point is further frustrating.

The notion of being different just for the sake of doing so has got to change.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I’ve taken a screenshot and have every intention of asking to just do it myself. It’ll save me nearly $1,000 in document fees, and at least I know where I stand.

Dennis

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 GMC Sierra K1500 4 wheel steering
I have a different update on my R1T registration: another delay in delivery date. I applaud Rivian for not ghosting me until the end of this year to update me.

This is the third delay. The last time, early this year, I talked with my guide and was told basically the same reason for delay as in the this most recent update. Early this year my guide told me that I would definitely receive my configuration by the end of 2022. Now, its June of 2023. I live in southern California within 30 miles of two locations where service infrastructure is in place. That leaves tight supply chain as the remaining reason for the delay.
I ordered a Glacier White launch edition with:
  • Ocean Coast interior (this option was one reason for the penultimate update)
    Included
  • 21" wheels,
  • Reinforced Underbody Shield
    $2,000
  • Tow Hooks
    Included
  • Full-size spare
    $600
  • All-Weather Floor Mats
    $175
  • Field Kit
    $150
  • Powered Tonneau Cover
    Included
  • Cargo Crossbars
    $450
  • Wall Charger
    $500

▼ Rivian's June 30, 2022 Update ▼
Thank you for your preorder and your commitment to helping us create a more sustainable world. As we continue to assess our supply chain and build plans, we want to provide an update on your estimated delivery window.

Your Launch Edition package R1T estimated delivery window is the first half of 2023.

Your delivery window estimate is based on your preorder date, delivery location and current configuration. Here’s why your window has shifted:
  1. Supply chain
    As we’ve continued to navigate a tight supply chain, we’ve had to reduce complexity wherever possible, including prioritizing certain build combinations over others.
  2. Service Infrastructure
    We continue to prioritize deliveries in locations where service infrastructure is in place so that we can provide the full ownership experience to Rivian owners from day one.
We’re grateful for your continued support and will continue to keep you updated. Your preorder is a vote for finding better ways of doing things on a planet that needs all of us to innovate for the future. If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

Thank you again for being on this journey with us.

* Any additional changes to your configuration or delivery address may impact your estimated delivery window.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Lemon Laws help consumers who buy or lease new motor vehicles and have repeated problems getting their vehicles properly repaired under the manufacturer's original warranty. Registration issues aren't lemon laws they are just a pain in the ass. I bought an Infiniti years ago out of state, they would not register it in NJ so I had to do it all myself, was pretty easy to do.

EDITED: Saw you haven't had your vehicle for 60 days, now that sucks. The challenge with Lemon laws is it usually has to be failed attempts to fix something; like they fix it, you are fine, it breaks again in the same way, 3/4 times that is a lemon. Not sure you can do that, have to check with a lawyer.

Last edited:

Ronimal

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wagoneer
Yeah I received this as well. Can anyone speak to the “seamless” self-registration and refund option? Rivian makes a nice truck but their backoffice operations are a complete s-show. Forgive me if I’m a bit skeptical that this will be “seamless”.

User433

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Yukon Denali
As someone who has a truck they can't legally drive, this is a major F-Up. The consumer psychology of having a new toy that we waited years for and spent a lot of money on that we can't drive because the company didn't have their eye on the ball will burn through goodwill faster than all the random minor issues.
Sponsored