Sponsored

Elon Musk says that Lucid and Rivian are tracking toward bankruptcy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla model 3, 2016 Toyota Highlander
Not only urban chargers, the 24 units I used as an example above do not use shared cabinets and are limited to 72 kWh. This station is not that old, maybe 3 years so newer hardware but possibly limited by the grid in that area.

My point was not all super chargers are super fast and charge times between 50-60 or 72 is not that great.
A6341645-540D-4D52-99D9-75429C6F8D29.jpeg
You can nitpick all you want but the Tesla Supercharger network is by far the best charging network, period.
Sponsored

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That's not completely accurate either. A cabinet would be able to produce, let's say, 150 kW (don't remember the exact number). The cabinet served two dispensers. Pull up to an empty station and you'd get the full 150 kW. If another car came along within a few minutes you would continue to get the lions share, say 90 kW and the new guy would get 60 until you started to taper which happens pretty early in Teslas. Pretty soon you are down to 60 kWh and the new guy is getting 90. Worked pretty well (despite the grumbling). The true absolute minimum for Tesla seems to be the urban network limited to 70 kW. I don't know if they share (I've only encountered them once).
Hearing how that works makes me wonder if this scenario ever occurs 😂

Rivian R1T R1S Elon Musk says that Lucid and Rivian are tracking toward bankruptcy 1659064671747

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Yes, it does with new Tesla drivers but someone will tell them what the story is and they usually don't do it more than once or twice.
Sponsored