Sponsored

Elon Musk Is High On His Own Supply (Humanoid "robots" will be available in 10 years!)

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Supply of what you ask? There are probably multiple answers to that question, but in this case I'd say he's high on his own supply of constant, never-ending bull$hit. In the article below that Musk himself apparently wrote for the official Chinese government "cyberspace" publication (an entirely separate issue) that he expects in 10 years his "humanoid robots" will be "helping" people or doing tasks that humans can't or don't want to do. He even suggests someday we can "gift" these "robots" to our parents to help "care" for them.

It's one thing to be a big thinker - there are not enough people in this world doing just that. It's another to veer into snake oil salesman territory where you constantly make totally unsupported claims with completely unrealistic timelines. I think pretty much everyone knows Musk exaggerates almost everything at this point, but this is just comical.

Today’s cars are increasingly like smart, web-connected robots on wheels. In fact, in addition to cars, humanoid robots are also becoming a reality, with Tesla launching a general-purpose humanoid robot (Tesla Bot) in 2021. The Tesla Bot is close to the height and weight of an adult, can carry or pick up heavy objects, walk fast in small steps, and the screen on its face is an interactive interface for communication with people. You may wonder why we designed this robot with legs. Because human society is based on the interaction of a bipedal humanoid with two arms and ten fingers. So if we want a robot to adapt to its environment and be able to do what humans do, it has to be roughly the same size, shape, and capabilities as a human.

Tesla Bots are initially positioned to replace people in repetitive, boring, and dangerous tasks. But the vision is for them to serve millions of households, such as cooking, mowing lawns, and caring for the elderly.
https://electrek.co/2022/08/15/elon...ls-about-tesla-robot-gifting-elderly-parents/

When you read that it's important to remember this robot does not exist in any form at this point, yet he is referring to it as if it is already doing the things he mentions. In June he promised to have a "working prototype" by the end of September, but just 1 year ago during Tesla "AI DAY" (irony intended) he brought a person out in a "humanoid robot" costume to promise it will be a robot some day in the future. Technically speaking, humanoid robots may actually exist "some day in the future" and I have no doubt the preserved "humanoid" head of Elon Musk will be there to claim his prediction came true.

https://futurism.com/the-byte/elon-musk-tesla-robot-real-now

Sponsored

Last edited:

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I would be shocked if his cyber truck is available for purchase in 10 years let alone some androids. Perhaps he should finish what's on his plate first before promising pie in the sky nonsense.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
OP
OP
COdogman

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I think he meant it will be available for pre-order in 10 years. And the tesla faithful will line up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
COdogman

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I think he meant it will be available for pre-order in 10 years. And the tesla faithful will line up.
I think in 10 years Musk will try to sell us other humans he has enslaved and dressed in those robot costumes. And the sales pitch will involve attempting to convince us that "I" is the new "AI".

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
I think it's under appreciated how much of his motivation to exaggerate comes from a desire to bully employees. Can't say it doesn't work.

OP
OP
COdogman

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler