First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I guarantee first delivery trim optioned CT units will be no less than $150,000. There are enough fanboys to allocate a complete year’s worth of production at this rate but after that the trim levels will have to be paired back. I wouldn’t be too surprised if Rivian‘s offerings were more price-conscious than Tesla’s after the first year and production lines from both companies are optimized.
I agree they will release a high end model first. $150k? Logic tells me that's way too high. But, if you look at the crazy crap that's happening with the C8 Z06 Corvette right now, maybe Elon will try to reap some of that profit early on with high end, limited availability trim.

Rivian R1T R1S Elon: Cybertruck production 250k a year and not “affordable” 1684289131946
Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Surprise! Over budget and behind schedule!? This has been the Elon MO since the beginning.

Somewhere there is a video of him awkwardly meeting with early reservation holders and investors to tell them that their roadster (original - pre S/X) was going to cost more and take longer to deliver. As you can imagine, it didn't go well.

The Cybetruck is going to turn out to be about as colossal a ****up as buying Twitter was.

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Surprise! Over budget and behind schedule!? This has been the Elon MO since the beginning.

Somewhere there is a video of him awkwardly meeting with early reservation holders and investors to tell them that their roadster (original - pre S/X) was going to cost more and take longer to deliver. As you can imagine, it didn't go well.

The Cybetruck is going to turn out to be about as colossal a ****up as buying Twitter was.
Still think Elon buying Rivian for $44B would have been smarter 🤣

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Still think Elon buying Rivian for $44B would have been smarter 🤣
Or even FORD or GM who are both around $44B in market cap. I think he is going to be facing more competition from FORD or GM than Rivian, frankly.

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Or even FORD or GM who are both around $44B in market cap. I think he is going to be facing more competition from FORD or GM than Rivian, frankly.
He can’t buy GM or Ford for $44B. Their enterprise value is significantly higher, in the hundreds of billions of dollars. Unless Tesla was willing to accept $100s billion in debt too, which I seriously doubt they would.

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

He can’t buy GM or Ford for $44B. Their enterprise value is significantly higher, in the hundreds of billions of dollars. Unless Tesla was willing to accept $100s billion in debt too, which I seriously doubt they would.
I was just going by market cap. If we are getting into enterprise value - he isn't buying Rivian for $44 billion given the value of agreements and incentives they have from Amazon, and others including the state of Georgia.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

The CT looks terrible and is too large but increasing the price is hardly a shock - the Lightening went up 50% and Rivian themselves did a 18% increase last year.
Also starting with the high priced trims first is not a surprise and every manufacturer does that.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Once again the great Musk'ini is at it again. The ugliest thing to be put on 4 wheels since the Pontiac Aztec is going to be more expensive than he originally said..... Poor Tesla fan-boys come grab a Rivian, it won't make you look like you are driving 4 year olds drawing.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
The CT looks terrible and is too large but increasing the price is hardly a shock - the Lightening went up 50% and Rivian themselves did a 18% increase last year.
Also starting with the high priced trims first is not a surprise and every manufacturer does that.
The $250k premier launch model will include a Tesla Optimus as backup to FSD, be your all purpose trunk monkey and your new best friend.
Rivian R1T R1S Elon: Cybertruck production 250k a year and not “affordable” 1684325489333

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Oh Elmo...

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The $250k premier launch model will include a Tesla Optimus as backup to FSD, be your all purpose trunk monkey and your new best friend.
1684325489333.png
Rivian R1T R1S Elon: Cybertruck production 250k a year and not “affordable” 1684329562524

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
If its super expensive and NOT an Exoskeleton it is truly a poser mobile.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

If its super expensive and NOT an Exoskeleton it is truly a poser mobile.
I honestly don't think it's possible to engineer something that qualifies as safe that has an exoskeleton frame structure.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I honestly don't think it's possible to engineer something that qualifies as safe that has an exoskeleton frame structure.
Agreed, however if it achieved safety and it delivered other real innovations I think it might warrant a premium price.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
the CT's slogan is pretty neat:

The CyberTruck, making the Hummer EV look acceptable to normal people
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.