ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

So… if they’ll have 10,000 individual charging stations only half will be working, and out of that 5,000 that are operational 70% of those can only output a max 70Kw, that means there will actually be 1,500 high speed stations that are fully operational nationwide. And by then there will be over 5,000 ID.4s on the road looking to charge to 100% on those 1,500 chargers, so we’ll be no better off than we are now.
I've only used 3 different EA stations in NJ and PA (Limerick PA, Allentown PA, Denville NJ), for a total of 4 HVDC charging sessions, since Nov 2022. Granted I don't have a ton of HVDC experience, but those 4 times I went to a HVDC station, all 4 chargers at those stations looked like they were working, with no restrictions or problems. It isn't all doom and gloom. I do try and read plugshare before planning a trip to avoid problems, and have avoided one station because of it.

Only "potential" problem I saw one time was an Ioniq 5 that was charging when I arrived, and still charging when I left after about 40 minutes later. He didn't try any other chargers, and some of them were used while I was there, I think he was just hanging out trying to hit 100% and maximize what was probably a free charging session.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I've only used 3 different EA stations in NJ and PA (Limerick PA, Allentown PA, Denville NJ), for a total of 4 HVDC charging sessions, since Nov 2022. Granted I don't have a ton of HVDC experience, but those 4 times I went to a HVDC station, all 4 chargers at those stations looked like they were working, with no restrictions or problems. It isn't all doom and gloom. I do try and read plugshare before planning a trip to avoid problems, and have avoided one station because of it.

Only "potential" problem I saw one time was an Ioniq 5 that was charging when I arrived, and still charging when I left after about 40 minutes later. He didn't try any other chargers, and some of them were used while I was there, I think he was just hanging out trying to hit 100% and maximize what was probably a free charging session.
Oh these same people would be dehydrated in the desert and then bitch that the free water isn't Fiji bottled water.

EA said they were replacing old hardware with new gen tech and they bitch.
EA says they are adding more chargers and they bitch.

It's pointless to point out that I've had 118 sessions on EA (not including free ones that don't show in my account) and had less than a handful of minor issues and usually knew about them in advance.. Ive just been lucky I guess or at least that is what they would have you believe.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Completely agree. As a Tesla owner, I do my best to avoid non-Tesla charging stations as they can be a pain to use. We need to (and hopefully will) get to the same ease of use we see with a Tesla Super Charger or even a good ole gas station (pull in, pop in a card, hit go).

What I do find interesting is how different all of these stations operate depending on the vehicle involved (EA is a good example of this between a MachE and an ID.4).
As a non Tesla owner I hope to only charge at Supercharger Network and RAN....so it'll probably even out.
Sponsored