Sponsored

Electric Zero Turn Riding Mowers

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Being it may be awhile before I get a Rivian, I'm now focused on purchasing an electric zero turn riding mower, for the next mowing season. Either an EGO Z6 or Cub Cadet ZT1 40e. Does anyone have experience with either? I would hope someone has tried both and could give a recommendation.
Sponsored

DeafPug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
My only caution would be to underutilize the rated battery capacity. If you have a 1 acre lot get a mower for a 2 acre lot.

I had a Hustler Zeon ZTR mower for half of a mowing season. It used lead acid batteries and was not suitable for my 1.25 acre lot. It was rated at “up to 90 minutes of mowing”, where I needed about 65 minutes of runtime to complete my lawn with that mower. Unfortunately, I would get about 60 minutes per charge. That would leave a small strip of grass that needed to be mowed. I traded it back to the factory for a gas model.

OP
OP
cc84

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for your advice. I originally had a RZT S 42" Cub Cadet Zero Turn, with lead acid batteries and it worked great, for an already manicured lawn. It would bog down in short thick grass though. The batteries lasted 6 yrs before replacing.

The newer Zero Turns use Lithium-ion batteries and have more powerful deck motors. There power is compared to a 22hp gas mower. I'm leaning towards the EGO, only because it has a 2 hr. charge time and swappable battery packs, that can be used with their other tools. I'm wondering if the EGO brand holds up very well, compared to Cub Cadet and how their service/warranty compares.

OP
OP
cc84

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FYI......Today, Home Depot in my area has the Cub Cadet ZT1 40e electric zero turn riding mower for $2,000 off, plus my military discount of $349.90. Total price, including sales tax, I paid $3,408.90, picked up at the store. This price is equivalent to their gas model, in price and power.
Sponsored