First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38513569/toyota-electric-pickup-truck-concept/

• Toyota revealed a concept for an electric pickup truck with a four-door crew cab setup and a what appears to be a fairly short bed.
  • Toyota didn't provide many details on the truck, but it appears to be in between the mid-size Tacoma and full-size Tundra in terms of dimensions.
  • With several electric trucks due to hit the market soon, we expect the Toyota EV truck to be revealed within the next year or so.
Toyota has stated previously that it plans to eventually build an electric pickup truck, and now we have further proof that this model could soon become reality. This concept car, revealed during Toyota's presentation about its future EV plans, looks remarkably close to production and is exactly what you would imagine a Toyota EV truck to look like.

Rivian R1T R1S Electric Toyota Tacoma 1214-bev-42-1639491040.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.918xh;0,0

Toyota
While we have very little information at this point—Toyota has not stated a name or any specifications for this truck—its appearance alone gives us a fair amount of information. It's a four-door crew-cab configuration with what looks like a short bed, and it has chunky off-road tires that suggest it could be some sort of TRD Pro model. The styling is similar to what we've seen on the new Tundra, except for the blocked-off grille that is typical of EV front ends.

It's also difficult to tell the size of this truck from these images, but it may fit in between the mid-size Tacoma and full-size Tundra in the lineup. That said, we wouldn't be surprised if this truck is actually a preview of the next Tacoma, albeit in EV form. We'll have to wait and see when Toyota decides to release more info on this future model, which could be within the next year or so.

Rivian R1T R1S Electric Toyota Tacoma F2D0BEF5-856B-4FF0-946F-B562BF3B742C

Rivian R1T R1S Electric Toyota Tacoma 8FE8E9D7-61D9-4995-9DAA-09B164300B1E
Sponsored

Last edited:

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38513569/toyota-electric-pickup-truck-concept/

• Toyota revealed a concept for an electric pickup truck with a four-door crew cab setup and a what appears to be a fairly short bed.
  • Toyota didn't provide many details on the truck, but it appears to be in between the mid-size Tacoma and full-size Tundra in terms of dimensions.
  • With several electric trucks due to hit the market soon, we expect the Toyota EV truck to be revealed within the next year or so.
Toyota has stated previously that it plans to eventually build an electric pickup truck, and now we have further proof that this model could soon become reality. This concept car, revealed during Toyota's presentation about its future EV plans, looks remarkably close to production and is exactly what you would imagine a Toyota EV truck to look like.

1214-bev-42-1639491040.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.918xh;0,0.jpg

Toyota
While we have very little information at this point—Toyota has not stated a name or any specifications for this truck—its appearance alone gives us a fair amount of information. It's a four-door crew-cab configuration with what looks like a short bed, and it has chunky off-road tires that suggest it could be some sort of TRD Pro model. The styling is similar to what we've seen on the new Tundra, except for the blocked-off grille that is typical of EV front ends.

It's also difficult to tell the size of this truck from these images, but it may fit in between the mid-size Tacoma and full-size Tundra in the lineup. That said, we wouldn't be surprised if this truck is actually a preview of the next Tacoma, albeit in EV form. We'll have to wait and see when Toyota decides to release more info on this future model, which could be within the next year or so.

F2D0BEF5-856B-4FF0-946F-B562BF3B742C.jpeg
I'm MUCH more curious about what that blue vehicle behind it is all about.

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Isn't the baby Land Cruiser just an electric FJ?

Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
A little too late to the party, I'm afraid.
Never too late for a legacy automaker to use it’s already amazing reputation and start build EVs

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
A little too late to the party, I'm afraid.
Nah, market is just opening up. Tesla has had it to itself for too long. I’m interested to see what Toyota comes up with with their solid state batteries, supposedly having some models by 2025 that have it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I would be VERY interested in an electric Tacoma except for the fact that I've come to expect Toyota to generally play it safe/restrained. An electric Tacoma is very unlikely to be as powerful as the R1T and likely won't have all of the on-road capabilities of the R1T.

I also suspect the infotainment won't be as nice and the interior will be more utilitarian versus the more luxury focused interior of the R1T.

Still...I'm interested to see what they actually do with it. It could be some solid competition for the R1T, though likely at a lower price-point.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Nah, market is just opening up. Tesla has had it to itself for too long. I’m interested to see what Toyota comes up with with their solid state batteries, supposedly having some models by 2025 that have it.
I meant for me personally. I need something before 2024/2025. Sorry I wasn't clear.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I'd like more info on the tiny lime-green/black moonbuggy! ?

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Don't hold your breath on anything more than a concept car built just for auto shows having SSB in 2025.
Sponsored