First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Battery Energy Storage Project Manager

Just saw this announcement from Ram. They are taking an interesting approach and waiting for competitors to release vehicles first.
Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Heh. "Look at our inflatable vaguely vehicle-like pieces of black fabric... We're on it..."

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Looks like a pretty typical "we have nothing, but marketing says we need something" approach.

Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Is anyone truly surprised? It was only a matter of time for Dodge (and eventually Chevy if they haven't yet) to announce a EV-truck. Tesla may have opened the doorway for electrification, but Ford threw down the gauntlet.

Rivian, I love you guys and your product, but you all need to step up on the info department.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
“We’re not just following our competitors.” Huh? That looks like exactly what they are doing.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
(Dating myself here)

Anyone remember those nasty rice crackers from the 80's that had all the appeal of eating ceiling tiles, had no flavour, and left you trying to not choke as you desperately went looking for some water to gag them down with (all in the name of being healthy)?

All 4 minutes and 51 seconds of that marketing turdburger reminded me of those.
Rivian R1T R1S Electric Ram Truck by 2024 Big ole nothing burger

I can understand wanting to wait a couple months to reveal your EV Truck and such after, say Ford did so that you can make tweaks and make yours better, faster, cheaper, stronger and not cost 6 million dollars... but 3 years?

Last edited:

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That was.... So bad. Like. Satire bad.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Conspiracy theory: this was actually put out by Rivian comms!

They have actually been doing something! Rivian has run out of positive things to say about themselves, and knew the natives were getting restless. They had to think of something to make themselves look better, and this is the turd (not TURD) they came up with. Doesn't it make Rivian look stellar in comparison??

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I honestly can't get over how poorly done this was. Like... Wtf is this slide? They described basically every EV on the left, and then literally minimal specs are presented on the right. Max 150 kW charging and range prediction? Putting those things on display literally shows they don't know what in the hell their competition is doing. Which I guess is why they have to wait until everyone produces an EV truck to figure out what theirs will be...?

Rivian R1T R1S Electric Ram Truck by 2024 Screenshot_20210708-204456

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
But will it have CarPlay and Android Auto support? That’s all that really matters! ?

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
I honestly can't get over how poorly done this was. Like... Wtf is this slide? They described basically every EV on the left, and then literally minimal specs are presented on the right. Max 150 kW charging and range prediction? Putting those things on display literally shows they don't know what in the hell their competition is doing. Which I guess is why they have to wait until everyone produces an EV truck to figure out what theirs will be...?

Screenshot_20210708-204456.jpg
Came here to comment on 150kw charging.

In 2024, a vehicle that hopes to do long range towing of heavy loads sure as HELL had better be charging higher than 150kw...
Sponsored