Sponsored

El CAP GRANITE Rivian Photos

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
I live in Virginia.

I have had black interiors....but no more.

PLUS, at least with the R1T, the roof is all glass with NO sunshade. Some owners have noticed their R1Ts get toasty sitting in the sun. Is the R1S a glass panoramic roof? With no sun shade?

FE would be better than BM. I hope they get the Ocean Coast going by the fall, as promised. I would like the Ocean Coast mostly because of the heat factor.

Yeah, R1S is panoramic all glass. I've seen posts talking of having it aftermarket tinted to avoid sun.

OC makes me think dirty/stained over the long term. If you've ever seen the blue jean stains on white leather, that's my thinking.

I'd like to see the FE in person since green really isn't my thing, but the heat issue has me thinking hard. Why didn't they do a gray option to go with El Cap and LA Silver.
Sponsored

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Yeah, R1S is panoramic all glass. I've seen posts talking of having it aftermarket tinted to avoid sun.

OC makes me think dirty/stained over the long term. If you've ever seen the blue jean stains on white leather, that's my thinking.

I'd like to see the FE in person since green really isn't my thing, but the heat issue has me thinking hard. Why didn't they do a gray option to go with El Cap and LA Silver.
I have had grey leather with 2 cars in the past. That worked well.

PS I have also had two (BMWs) with Oyster leather and never got blue jean stains...or dirty for that matter.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Why didn't they do a gray option to go with El Cap and LA Silver.
OC is the gray option. Perhaps not as dark as you would like.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Why didn't they do a gray option to go with El Cap and LA Silver.
Black is really dark Gray. Green seem to be greenish gray. And I have a feeling OC is very light gray. I don't believe any of them are an extreme case. I have to note, I have only seen black in person and it was not black at all.

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OC is the gray option. Perhaps not as dark as you would like.

Fair enough. I guess that's like the people who say LA silver is "light gray" vs El Cap being "dark gray".:D

Sponsored

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
decided to go for the matte wrap and put some tint on the windows, which really blocks the heat. pretty happy with the results.
IMG_2142.jpeg
The matte definitely grabs my vibe. It adds sophistication in my book.

I need to see ElCap with matte next to Limestone with matte to see which one is grabbing me more (don't call me an Elcap traitor, I'm just wondering).

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
Matte looks like an excellent choice for El Cap. Beautiful truck. The matte finish seems to highlight its lines and character.

I have Xpel Stealth on my 2021 Model S (Solid Black). Easier to maintain, lots of compliments, hides dust and dirt.

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
Earlier today...

Stock so far except for aero wheel covers removed (still waiting on center caps) and 20% front window tint.

Rivian R1T R1S El CAP GRANITE Rivian Photos Rivian June 28 2022 - 6

Rivian R1T R1S El CAP GRANITE Rivian Photos Rivian June 28 2022 - 7

KiloV

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5 Cabriolet, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Executive
Black is really dark Gray. Green seem to be greenish gray. And I have a feeling OC is very light gray. I don't believe any of them are an extreme case. I have to note, I have only seen black in person and it was not black at all.
Correct. Black Mountain is really grey, not black.

Reactions: Max

Sponsored

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
decided to go for the matte wrap and put some tint on the windows, which really blocks the heat. pretty happy with the results.
IMG_2130.jpeg
IMG_2142.jpeg
Willing to share approximate cost? I am really thinking of doing this with mine. (I take delivery this Thursday!!!)

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Willing to share approximate cost? I am really thinking of doing this with mine. (I take delivery this Thursday!!!)
right about 8k after tax for the matte PPF of all the el cap color, clear for the black/lights, and tint for the windows (not sure what the tint kind was, but they sold me on the demonstration of how much heat was blocked so I went highest end there)

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
right about 8k after tax for the matte PPF of all the el cap color, clear for the black/lights, and tint for the windows (not sure what the tint kind was, but they sold me on the demonstration of how much heat was blocked so I went highest end there)
Nice, and thank you. That sounds like almost exactly what I was thinking lol. Only difference is I’m considering tinting the light bar across the front black as well.