Sponsored

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
What would the efficiency look like if he kept the tonneau cover closed? I know he wanted to make them similar, but the Rivian has it for a reason. It was an included option...

PK
The same.
Sponsored

MTBinBend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE El Cap, Black Mountain 20" AT Nov 2020
I know this may be difficult to pull off in practice but I wish @OutofSpecKyle included some sort of 24 hour standard efficiency test or just at rest efficiency test. Rivian has had reported power loss of 4KWh-10KWh per day when at rest. It seems like after update that has improved to 1.3 KWh-1.8KWh. For folks like me that don't drive much that could tip the numbers significantly depending on how good or bad F150 is in that regard. Until folks like Kyle start shining some light on this, companies like Tesla and Rivian will treat it as free energy.
I’m on .19 and losing about 3kwh over 24 hours in my first week. Any advice for things I can turn off to reduce?

• Sad
Reactions: Max

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I was considering making this one an hour
Ignore the haters! Good stuff, keep it coming.

Can you confirm though the weights of both? IIRC the Lightning comes in at 6500lbs so considerably lighter than the Rivian. But that might not be true of the Platinum spec.

EzMev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old SUV
Love the reviews, and I see the length before I start, and if I have time always enjoy them! Basically the best Rivian review on the net by a wide wide margin.

Driving with the Rivian tonneau open is a sort of odd choice though...I would hazard the tonneau is going to be closed for the vast majority of people for the vast majority of time driving with R1T's...its also standard on all R1T's...

Anyway, fun watch!

Last edited:

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I’m on .19 and losing about 3kwh over 24 hours in my first week. Any advice for things I can turn off to reduce?
I don't own an R1 and my numbers is based on other owner's input. From what I have read, to get the best results, you need to do what you can to keep yours sleep like Keep your keys in a magic box so your truck can't talk to them, make sure gear guard is off. Dig in to the settings to see what else you can turn off.

I just miss a real off button. If the next generation of killer robots are like R1, we are in trouble.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I think people need to stop posting videos without a summary of what’s in it. The info provided might be interesting but the majority of these guys are more than annoying and babble on and on for hours. Most of us have better things to do than dealing with click bait and wasting another 15-30 minutes.
YT is all about the ad revenue/eyeballs ...

Longer + more (and longer) ad interruptions (which seems to becoming the norm) = more rev share for the content creators

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

YT is all about the ad revenue/eyeballs ...

Longer + more (and longer) ad interruptions (which seems to becoming the norm) = more rev share for the content creators
That’s for sure.
Can’t remember if I mentioned I pay for premium (no ads) so I don’t need includes ads about Mag-nation or some weird protein shake.
They can represent by wearing t-shirts or caps if they want but spare me the 3-4 minutes interruption (it’s not like the rest of the content is amazing sadly).
But I get it, inflation and all, they need more $$$
I do support their hard work but do we need to see them on screen after half a bottle of bourbon or whatever (ir telling us they’re hungover)? It’s not a hip-hop video 😂

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Just realized that I should be careful.
The YT mafia will call their buddies at Rivian and I’ll never get my ride!!!

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
.I would hazard the tonneau is going to be closed for the vast majority of people for the vast majority of time driving with R1T's...its also standard on all R1T's...

Anyway, fun watch!
Nope. $1500 add on if you want the powered tonneau. $750 for the manual.

EzMev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old SUV
opps, correct! I might have been still in LE mode (from now years ago) when I was deciding between the T & S

Nope. $1500 add on if you want the powered tonneau. $750 for the manual.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Soooo, lemme get this straight.

These OOS videos are painfully too long because they make more money in doing so?

Got it.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Driving with the Rivian tonneau open is a sort of odd choice though...I would hazard the tonneau is going to be closed for the vast majority of people for the vast majority of time driving with R1T's.
Given how unreliable the R1T’s tonneau cover is, maybe it’s more realistic to do an efficiency test with it partially opened? 😉

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek

I watch on 2x and often skip stuff. I know it's about making the money on youtube, but not all of us have a R1S that we sit in spending an hour charging so we can watch videos that are an hour long.

*not bitter, just impatiently waiting*

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That's pretty typical at the moment unfortunately.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
The YouTube world supports long videos - our watch time increases the longer the video - personally, I don't make videos to please algorithms but rather explain all testing procedures. For those who are truly interested, they'll watch and our numbers show that. You can be upset our videos are long but we are incentivized, on multiple fronts, to keep them this way
Thanks Kyle…on efficiency, so with Tonneau closed, may or should be even more efficient than the Lightning. Overall, great test.
Sponsored