Sponsored

Educated Guesses on Delivery Date for Recent R1S Preorder? (September 2022)

NickTip

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Subaru Forester
Newbie here! Preordered an R1S on 9/2/2022. I realize this is a pretty common question - but was just curious if anyone had an educated guess based on the ramping up of production when a recent preorder might realistically take delivery? For context, I live in Atlanta near a service center (and the eventual location of the Georgia manufacturing plant), and am open to a handful of configurations. If I had to guess, I'm thinking it will be early 2024.
Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
The honest answer is that no one knows. My best guess would be similar to yours but I'd say mid-2024.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
My best guess is anywhere from tomorrow to 2024.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

It is speculation at best by anyone publicly outside of Rivian.

If quad motor w/extended battery, then probably late 23 to early 24. If dual motor, with either battery options, probably early 24 to mid 24.

September preorder would put you behind about 90K units ahead of you for R1T/R1S so it will be a bit of time. Rivian does not fill the backlog orders in FIFO, so its not just where you are in the line.... so to speak.

OP
OP
NickTip

NickTip

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Subaru Forester
It is speculation at best by anyone publicly outside of Rivian.

If quad motor w/extended battery, then probably late 23 to early 24. If dual motor, with either battery options, probably early 24 to mid 24.

September preorder would put you behind about 90K units ahead of you for R1T/R1S so it will be a bit of time. Rivian does not fill the backlog orders in FIFO, so its not just where you are in the line.... so to speak.
Thanks! That's helpful even just to know the rough 90K estimate of orders "ahead" of mine - and that the quad vs. dual motor could make a difference.
Sponsored