Sponsored

Edmunds: R1S vs. Tesla Model X Plaid Three Row EV SUV Comparison Test. Which Luxury EV SUV Is Best?

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I saw that, but they listed the R1S 0-60 in the beginning of the video @4:24 as 3.9s. You cannot take them seriously.
2022-11-24 (2).png
Maybe they accidentally shared the 0-60 of their dual motor review.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
140k maytag hatchback versus 85k truck-based SUV? Sometimes life isn't just about 0-60...

Reactions: Guy

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20ā€
It always amazes me how so many of these high profile, online, YouTube reviewers get so many basic, well known and documented details wrong - horse power, vehicle weight, other vehicle dimensions, specs and features. I mean, seriously, do they do any research, at all, prior to spitting out these reviews? Does anybody bother to fact check what they are reporting? Sadly, this level of reporting is far from limited to Rivian reviews, but thatā€™s a whole other rant.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
It always amazes me how so many of these high profile, online, YouTube reviewers get so many basic, well known and documented details wrong - horse power, vehicle weight, other vehicle dimensions, specs and features. I mean, seriously, do they do any research, at all, prior to spitting out these reviews? Does anybody bother to fact check what they are reporting? Sadly, this level of reporting is far from limited to Rivian reviews, but thatā€™s a whole other rant.
It's really the problem with the YouTube and blogger generation. Any idiot with a webpage or a YouTube channel is now a journalist or writer or content creator. When the bar for entry is this low you will get this sort of stuff for the majority. Paradoxically it also is why the MSM is so abysmally poor. The people who ARE actually interesting and well put together make MUCH more money off a YouTube channel or their own webpage than they would working for someone else.

All that added together means most mainstream channels are going to be complete garbage and you're going to have to weed through tons of crap to find something decent.

Sponsored

Tejkalra

First Name
Tejinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
You give me Ferrari or Lamborghini... I wont be able to drive above 85 šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Well price is too much. It seems like r1s is little more practical. I love my R1T. And I regret canceling my r1s and changing it to r1t. It's not like I regret getting r1t but should have waited little more to get r1s. Well..

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
Edmunds never got it right in the early days of Tesla either. They really don't know what they are doing.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20ā€
Unfortunately, itā€˜s not limited to Edmunds. Automotive ā€œjournalistsā€ and publications abound that simply donā€™t bother to get the most basic, most commonly known facts right. For those, who have followed Rivian for awhile, you know what I mean. It speaks to the veracity of everything you read and hear, about anything, not just Rivian. If one is reading a review on the latest Porsche, Chevy, or whatever, and that person does not already have a pretty thorough knowledge of the product, they can easily be led to believe a bunch of BS.

On another note, I finally have my First MIle Demo Drive scheduled for 12/8. Woo-hoo! Iā€™m going to get the straight scoop on the R1T.

Happy Thanksgiving!

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek