First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, XC60, Dakota
Occupation
Engineer
You can now state interest and declare requested shares on SoFi for those interested.

Edit: Just noticed it also got mentioned at the end of another Morgan Stanley thread. Feel free to delete this thread admin.
Sponsored

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
You can now state interest and declare requested shares on SoFi for those interested.

Edit: Just noticed it also got mentioned at the end of another Morgan Stanley thread. Feel free to delete this thread admin.
Probably worth mentioning that the article I read saw had the following from the S-1:

"We currently anticipate that up to 0.5% of the shares of Class A common stock offered hereby will, at our request, be offered to retail investors through SoFi Securities LLC via its online brokerage platform. SoFi will be a selling group member," Rivian said in its SEC filing.

Rivian plans to sell 135 million Class A shares in its IPO, meaning 675,000 shares will be allocated to SoFi users.

I know many people were disappointed in the 175 share cap per person w/ Morgan Stanley, so I can only imagine what the allocation will be within the entire SoFi user base...though maybe RIVN won't have the same traction there as they do on MS w/ the preorder holders.

Peter del Rio

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3 rex, Jaguar XKR, Land Rover LR3
I know many people were disappointed in the 175 share cap per person
Not to worry, there will be plenty of opportunities to buy shares below the IPO price. Already, the opening talk is getting lowered as investors are becoming aware Rivian faces many production challenges before ever becoming profitable.

To be clear, I can't wait for the R1S but it doesn't mean I want to buy the IPO.

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
I don't specifically disagree, and the targeted market cap is definitely down from the original $80B that was being floated, but in this world of meme coins worth tens of billions (each!) and SaaS valuations (both public & private) that are at all time highs it's hard to think that traditional fundamentals are on the top of John Q. Public's mind.

OP
OP

stumptown85

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, XC60, Dakota
Occupation
Engineer
E*trade is now participating in the IPO.

Keep an eye on the price finalization. If it goes down or up, that’s going to be a good indicator of demand at the current ask.

Sponsored

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
E*trade is now participating in the IPO.

Keep an eye on the price finalization. If it goes down or up, that’s going to be a good indicator of demand at the current ask.
Where in E*Trade you see this?

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

New Offerings Center
1635898025992.png

Then scroll to bottom and click view offerings

1635898075432.png
I'm always too late in finding out about these things. E*Trade is no longer accepting new offers.

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
They never did. I did not get a good explanation as to why not even though it was listed on the site. After it goes live but not before. I for one would have preferred not opening a new trading account for such a small transaction.
Sponsored