kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Versatyre MXT/HD LT 285/60R20 Load F 12 Ply MT M/T Mud

I think I'm swapping out the wheels and tires, so these tires might be available if you have an interest in them?. As of right now, they have less than 100 miles on them. Planning to make the swap tomorrow. So, mileage won't go up by more than another 30 miles before they get taken off. I mention it only because your profile says you're in SoCal, so could pick them up and save on tax/shipping, etc. If interested, send me a private message and we'll chat further.

And, they will fit on the stock 20" Rivian wheels, so if you just wanted the more aggressive tire look and use, would certainly be a good fit on stock wheels. With the extra 1/2 clearance due to the smaller 33 1/2 circumference, combined with the stock offset of the Rivian Wheels, these would stay tucked under the fender wells very well with absolutely no rubbing issues.

1656609089776.png
If anybody in the L.A. area is interested in these, let me know. Going to put them on craigslist. Less than 100 miles on them. Were on the truck for one week. Don't want to get into shipping them, plus the cost would be too high, so anybody that can pick them up would be best. Send me a PM if interested.
Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Great job OP, that's a lot of work!!

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Edited post again to add that the 33" 275/60/20 inch tires do handle notably better than the stock 34" 275/65/20 inch tires as well. Notably less tire sway and floatiness. Really is a perfect tire size for this truck. Of course, in my own humble opinion!! :). Aside from extreme off-roading scenarios this tire is better in every other way that I can imagine.

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1947 MGTC, 1966 Triumph T120TT Special, 1967 Austin Healey Sprint, 1969 MGB, 1995 F150, 1999 Honda Valkyrie, 2001 Kawasaki KLR650, 2004 Mini R53 MC40(#824) JCW, 2004 Mini R53 MC40(#887) JCW, 2006 R52 JCW Convertible, 2006 Mini R53 JCW, 2009 Mini R56 S (400HP race), 2009 BMW 135i,
Occupation
Retired
RE TPMS, I purchased the TPMS The Main Resource 17-43042 Smart Sensor One Clamp-In and the
SMART SENSOR 17-144 XS Pro+ Sensor Programming Tool TPMS Programmer in order to program them myself, from the big A. I installed the TPMS myself on my oftermarket +38 offset 20 inch rims holding my new 275/65-R20. At the end of the day, I will have three sets of wheel combinations, one OEM 22 for highway, one 20 for winter, and one 20 for rock crawling. I will loan the programmer if anyone needs it.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

RE TPMS, I purchased the TPMS The Main Resource 17-43042 Smart Sensor One Clamp-In and the
SMART SENSOR 17-144 XS Pro+ Sensor Programming Tool TPMS Programmer in order to program them myself, from the big A. I installed the TPMS myself on my oftermarket +38 offset 20 inch rims holding my new 275/65-R20. At the end of the day, I will have three sets of wheel combinations, one OEM 22 for highway, one 20 for winter, and one 20 for rock crawling. I will loan the programmer if anyone needs it.
Very kind offer. I am working with the manufacturer of the TPMS's. Unfortunately, all the tire shops I checked with do not have their programmers updated to show the Rivian yet. The ones they sent me are apparently pre-programmed, but have to be activated. They've been great. he called around my area and in the end, decided he's going to send me a programmer to borrow, but simply to activate them, not actually program them. Then have to follow their instructions on how far to drive immediately afterwards. Hopefully should have them working this week and they'll have the process down for future reference. If for some reason it doesn't work out, then may go your route.

Thank you

Sponsored

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1947 MGTC, 1966 Triumph T120TT Special, 1967 Austin Healey Sprint, 1969 MGB, 1995 F150, 1999 Honda Valkyrie, 2001 Kawasaki KLR650, 2004 Mini R53 MC40(#824) JCW, 2004 Mini R53 MC40(#887) JCW, 2006 R52 JCW Convertible, 2006 Mini R53 JCW, 2009 Mini R56 S (400HP race), 2009 BMW 135i,
Occupation
Retired
Programming is a simple matter of copy and paste. Location has to be the same. Took less than 3 minutes each and I know it was done correctly, because I did it myself. It is best to use solid hard stems. Torque to 4 in-lbs. Drive for about o.2 miles, but you have to that anyways to get a reading on the drivers screen at start up. The tool also can be used to read the tires OE TPMS S/N and parameters. If you found the TPMS manufacturer, good for you. I gave up quickly and solved the problem myself, Rivian SC don't even know the TPMS frequency , much less the manufacture. Oh yeah, the programming tool has the Rivian R1T and R1S already programmed in to copy and paste easily, no guess work. Too bad tire busters don't stay current. Safe adventures.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Programming is a simple matter of copy and paste. Location has to be the same. Took less than 3 minutes each and I know it was done correctly, because I did it myself. It is best to use solid hard stems. Torque to 4 in-lbs. Drive for about o.2 miles, but you have to that anyways to get a reading on the drivers screen at start up. The tool also can be used to read the tires OE TPMS S/N and parameters. If you found the TPMS manufacturer, good for you. I gave up quickly and solved the problem myself, Rivian SC don't even know the TPMS frequency , much less the manufacture. Oh yeah, the programming tool has the Rivian R1T and R1S already programmed in to copy and paste easily, no guess work. Too bad tire busters don't stay current. Safe adventures.
Yeah, I called Rivian too, they were more clueless than anybody I spoke with on the subject! These guys have been very nice to me and very helpful, so I have to play it out with them and give them the opportunity to get them right. So will be patient and hope they sort it out. The data will be useful for those in the future as well. I am surprised as a couple of tire places told me "our programmers are recently updated, we got the updates through 2021". I was thinking, we're 6 months into 2022, that's not recently updated! LOL. Thanks again for the info. Will certainly be back to it if these guys don't get it figured out. I have faith that they will.

MTStuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Tundra
Hey ipadl, can't help but ask where you are in MT and when you placed your preorder? I live in Polson, preorder 9/2019 and am being told I'll get my R1T by September but haven't heard from Rivian in terms of a delivery update since 12/21. Tough to stay patient!

ipadl

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
R&D
Hey ipadl, can't help but ask where you are in MT and when you placed your preorder? I live in Polson, preorder 9/2019 and am being told I'll get my R1T by September but haven't heard from Rivian in terms of a delivery update since 12/21. Tough to stay patient!
Oh shoot! I missed this. My apologies. My deposit was put down in June of 2019. I was just in Polson yesterday - I wish I would have seen this earlier. I would have been happy to swing by and show it to you. I'm located in Kalispell in case you get up this way!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Anyone know just how capable the 21 road tires are for off road adventures???

Sponsored

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
I see your in colorado. Any chance you're in denver? I'm about to fit up some Scorpions on to a set of 20s I bought from someone on the forum and would like to avoid buying the tool.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Edited post again to add that the 33" 275/60/20 inch tires do handle notably better than the stock 34" 275/65/20 inch tires as well. Notably less tire sway and floatiness. Really is a perfect tire size for this truck. Of course, in my own humble opinion!! :). Aside from extreme off-roading scenarios this tire is better in every other way that I can imagine.
Super curious as to what impact to your efficiency/range your seeing with the 60 series? I’ve been thinking same size if and when I finally get my R1T. Reducing to the 275/60/20 puts you at the same overall size as a 275/55/21. Thanks for any feedback

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
After reading this whole thing I realize I know next to nothing about wheels and tires. It looks like there won't be a new set of rims and tires in my future.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
Anyone know just how capable the 21 road tires are for off road adventures???
Unlike the 22" sports, the 21" handle mild off-roading confidently.

They are M+S rated tires, and their tread appears perfectly aggressive enough to deliver on the promise of "I don't need dry concrete/asphalt underneath me to work fine"

We've been on dirt roads with ours - including muddy ones - without issue.
We'll be taking ours to the snow this winter and expect to have no trouble.

Definitely still plan to get a second set of wheels with proper AT tires someday for much more extreme backtrailing.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

You my friend are a DIY hero! Thank you. No issues to date with the TPMS and which true beater 20's for crawling did you end up with?
Sponsored