Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Unlike the 22" sports, the 21" handle mild off-roading confidently.

They are M+S rated tires, and their tread appears perfectly aggressive enough to deliver on the promise of "I don't need dry concrete/asphalt underneath me to work fine"

We've been on dirt roads with ours - including muddy ones - without issue.
We'll be taking ours to the snow this winter and expect to have no trouble.

Definitely still plan to get a second set of wheels with proper AT tires someday for much more extreme backtrailing.
Thank you
Sponsored

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Super curious as to what impact to your efficiency/range your seeing with the 60 series? I’ve been thinking same size if and when I finally get my R1T. Reducing to the 275/60/20 puts you at the same overall size as a 275/55/21. Thanks for any feedback
For me it's a little different since I did them with the custom wheels, thus pushed out the wheels, which sacrificed some range I'm sure. But, possibly got it back via the smaller tires. My efficiency is near identical to what it was when I had the stock 20" wheels and 34" tires.

Personally, I just like the way the 275/60/20 fits the truck better. Had I just done that on the stock wheels, I'm pretty certain there would have been at least some nominal improvement to the efficiency. Lighter tires, rotating mass and less effort to turn a 33" tire than a 34" tire. I do now have a stock set of 21" wheels that I plan to use for road trips. Just got them powder coated in black. I haven't put them on the truck yet. Not sure when that will come. I do have to make a quick run to Vegas tomorrow, so I'll get a good idea of what my range is with my current setup. Some day in the future, I'll do the same trip with the 21's. Will be interesting to see how big of a difference it really is. Plus will be putting 275/60/20's on the stock wheels as well so all four of my sets match up.

I have one more set of custom wheels that I'm going to try. My current wheels have grown on me and I get nothing but compliments on them when seen in person. But, the other wheel I have is more my style. How it will look on the truck is to be determined. Will be setting it up as a complete set, so getting yet another set of the 275/60/20's for it.

Once I decide, then I'll unload probably one or two sets. Plus still have the 33 1/2" mud terrain tires. I keep adding wheel/tires. Need to STOP!!! And start clearing out space!! Problem with the Rivian, it's so new that hardly anybody has done anything for me to form an opinion on. So, have just taken it upon myself to try them all out on my own.

I do like the look of the 21" wheels without the aero covers and powder coated in gloss black. After all this, might end up just leaving those on there!! LOL

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
Programming is a simple matter of copy and paste. Location has to be the same. Took less than 3 minutes each and I know it was done correctly, because I did it myself. It is best to use solid hard stems. Torque to 4 in-lbs. Drive for about o.2 miles, but you have to that anyways to get a reading on the drivers screen at start up. The tool also can be used to read the tires OE TPMS S/N and parameters. If you found the TPMS manufacturer, good for you. I gave up quickly and solved the problem myself, Rivian SC don't even know the TPMS frequency , much less the manufacture. Oh yeah, the programming tool has the Rivian R1T and R1S already programmed in to copy and paste easily, no guess work. Too bad tire busters don't stay current. Safe adventures.
Any idea what will happen of the location is not the same? I installed the TPMS sensors in the wheels and then brought them to the service center because the manager told me they could just toss them on. I had the wheels labeled. They took the labels off and then refused to put the new wheels on. I went home and did it but now the TPMS sensors aren't reading.

Rhopkins

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Occupation
Risk
I am working with a wheel shop and they are asking for some measurments that I cant seem to find anywhere does anyone know where i can get break clearance measurements? My order is a max pack and if it holds true my delivery will be first half of 2023.
Sponsored

Attachments