Early delivery fee?

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
So after seeing what people are paying on eBay for the new Ford Bronco, my buddy asked me if I would pay an extra $1,000 (not towards the total price of the R1) to get bumped up on the list. I told him I wouldn’t do it because I personally didn’t see the value in it. Then he asked if there was an amount I would pay to move up on the list, and I told him everything is worth a price I guess. Obviously, it would depend on how far up the list and how much they wanted to charge.

So my question is… if you could pay a separate fee to move up on the list of deliveries, would you do it, and how much would you be willing to pay?
Sponsored

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
So my question is… if you could pay a separate fee to move up on the list of deliveries, would you do it, and how much would you be willing to pay?
Honestly I don’t want one of the very first off the line. Those are the ones they work out the quirks with.

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

The simple answer is yes. But it's not being offered. In reality that's really what the LE was. Enough people would do it, there's a reason Fast Pass is a thing and that's to skip an hour long line. Lol.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I personally won't. But, if it was offered, what does it really do? Move you further up to another queue (assuming there are many people interested)? Now, if it's an offer for guaranteed delivery by a certain date, it would be different and may be worthwhile, IMHO.

GR

Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Hard pass for me. I'd rather spend the $1K on accessories or add it to the future trailer fund.

Riventures

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eTron GT
Occupation
Management Consultant
If a company did offer such an option, not only I would not take it, I’d drop the company.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I recently paid $2.5K extra for a Mach E, getting it in the color I wanted (currently discontinued), and 4-5 months early.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Have all topics finally been exhausted?
Nope. We still haven't debated over the impact one's Rivian will have on people when they fart in someone else's general direction ?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
If a company did offer such an option, not only I would not take it, I’d drop the company.
with Launch Edition models, you’re paying extra for *priority delivery*, some extra emblems, and that’s about it.

Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
They are still going to make them, right?

Riventures

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eTron GT
Occupation
Management Consultant
with Launch Edition models, you’re paying extra for *priority delivery*, some extra emblems, and that’s about it.
Yes, of course, that is understandable. My context might be a bit different, particularly with some recent large purchase endeavors we got into and backed out due to unethical practices.

Although my statement reads like a blanket harsh statement, it wasn't meant to be.
Sponsored