bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Received mine yesterday. Sort of disappointed for a couple of reasons:
1. Was just a wristband in an envelope. No instructions on how to add it to the vehicle. Not thank you for waiting, etc. I quickly figured out how to add it, but some quick instructions would have been nice.
2. Band is barely big enough for me. I’ve got relatively small wrists and I only have one hole available. I can’t imagine how a lot of guys would be able to use it.

As of now, it has gone in the same drawer as the fob. I primarily use my phone with one of the keycards in my wallet as backup.
Sponsored

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
1. Was just a wristband in an envelope. No instructions on how to add it to the vehicle. Not thank you for waiting, etc. I quickly figured out how to add it, but some quick instructions would have been nice.
2. Band is barely big enough for me. I’ve got relatively small wrists and I only have one hole available. I can’t imagine how a lot of guys would be able to use it.

As of now, it has gone in the same drawer as the fob. I primarily use my phone with one of the keycards in my wallet as backup.
Mine went in the drawer because I kept getting error messages each time I tried to activate it. Also, if I was doing any sort of sport I wouldn’t rely on it as it’s fairly easy to knock off.

R1TLG20BM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE vehicles

Mine was the same. Figured out how to pair thanks to this forum. Very easy to activate from your phone app in the manage keys section. Never tried to activate from the vehicle, but that may be possible too.

I rarely think to call Rivian, at this point this group of forum members are very helpful for all things aside from repairs. Kudos to all.

Surfinkal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Data Engineer
Anyone know how much the wristbands cost? Was the price listed in the purchase order? If so, could you share it? I’m looking to buy a wristband from a Launch Edition, but not sure how much to offer.

Thanks in advance.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
Anyone know how much the wristbands cost? Was the price listed in the purchase order? If so, could you share it? I’m looking to buy a wristband from a Launch Edition, but not sure how much to offer.

Thanks in advance.
read posts by others who have done what you are about to do, namely buy it from someone with launch edition. it wont work.

Sponsored

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
read posts by others who have done what you are about to do, namely buy it from someone with launch edition. it wont work.
It is possible. I have one I bought on ebay for $30. Others have tried selling it for $100, so that is quite a range of difference in what people are asking.

For getting it connected to your truck, that's a toss up. First time I told my guide I bought one and although she said they can link it to my truck, later they said it's not possible.

After I read another member successfully getting Rivian to switch it to his truck, I called and didn't tell them I bought it, just acted like I needed it activated to my truck. They switched it over at that time (although I'm sure they can see it was connected to a LE truck and mine is an adventure, so they must have known I purchased it). In any case I didn't ask any questions on why this time it was possible, I was just happy they did it.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant

Thanks in advance.
My local SC just offered to sell me one, but they thought it was about $150
Sponsored