Sponsored

E for Electric and Sandy Munro talk Rivian.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
WAY WAY TMI from Sandy toward the end there!

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
This is the same loser that lied about Rivian "bullying" that moron who was putting everyone's safety in danger at the ride and drive event.

He's not getting a click from me...

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is the same loser that lied about Rivian "bullying" that moron who was putting everyone's safety in danger at the ride and drive event.

Wait, what?!

Sponsored

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes

I'll save you from having to. The only valuable information is that Sandy is getting/already has an R1T to do a full tear down, so we should probably see something relatively soon on that. Depending on how long it takes to do a tear down and produce the video.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Wait, what?!
He means the E for Electric guy, and Rich from Rich Rebuilds, not Sandy, though I do take everything Sandy says with a grain of salt too. Just because they didn't do it the way he would doesn't mean it is a worse way of doing things. His teardowns are great to see the inner workings, but I generally disregard his opinions. Anything that isn't a teardown is next to useless as his rants tend to drift quite far from the original matter at hand. I remember a recent one revisiting his younger days, and assault of a professor or something. I had tuned out by that point.

Definitely excited to see the full teardown of the R1T though.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
He means the E for Electric guy, and Rich from Rich Rebuilds, not Sandy, though I do take everything Sandy says with a grain of salt too. Just because they didn't do it the way he would doesn't mean it is a worse way of doing things. His teardowns are great to see the inner workings, but I generally disregard his opinions. Anything that isn't a teardown is next to useless as his rants tend to drift quite far from the original matter at hand. I remember a recent one revisiting his younger days, and assault of a professor or something. I had tuned out by that point.

Definitely excited to see the full teardown of the R1T though.
I figured he didn't mean Sandy, but I still don't know anything about accusations of bullying and safety concerns.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I figured he didn't mean Sandy, but I still don't know anything about accusations of bullying and safety concerns.
He had an earlier video about it, and article on InsideEVs. Basically his friends (Rich Rebuilds) weren't allowed to do whatever they wanted to do during a First Mile event and like a child threw a tantrum about it, and cut their drive short instead of finishing the loop. Rivian later approached them and asked to see the video from the drive, but took no further actions. That was "bullying" and "media intimidation". Completely a non-issue, but it was blown up to a huge thing.

jplblue

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Honda Element
Clubs

Rich Rebuild was at a First Mile event, didn't follow the speed limit, and got his test drive cut short. I think E for Electric saw this, and saw Rivian personnel reviewing Rich's footage, and made a video about Rivian bullying Rich. E also mocked Rivian for having a 30mph speed limit, failing to mention that the speed limit is for specific sections of the course, and drivers were able to let it rip at other sections.

Sponsored

R1Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
My same thoughts.
E for Electric shared a video on YT (which was then the basis for multiple clickbait articles) stating that Rivian "bullied" someone and used the term "media intimidation."

Backstory is that another youtuber (Rich Rebuilds) was at the Sonoma First Mile Event. While doing the scripted test drive (and having someone film in the back seat) Rich either attempts to or successfully takes the R1T off of the designated course and/or goes over the 30MPH speed limit, at which point the tour is then cut short. Alex (the E for Electric host) then mockingly made the claim that Rivian made an electric truck that can't go off-road or over 30MPH, "wHaT iS rIviAn hiDiNg?!"

After Rich Rebuilds leaves and goes to another event that Alex is attending, Rivian employees with security guards ask to see the footage Rich recorded while he was attempting to break the rules.

This is all piggy-backed off the claims that Rivian is hiding from independent journalists because the TFL Trucks guys got their fee-fees hurt.

The whole video and follow-up articles are pretty shameless and disgraceful. I don't intend to watch any more of his videos.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Sandy sounded biased a bit and like he was getting ready for some negative reviews. He mentioned a Bloomberg analysis of Rivian (min 11:40). I am not sure which one he is talking about.

Found one behind a paywall:

The $73,000 Electric Rivian R1T Is Cute, But It’s Not a Work Truck

Clever gimmicks like hidden flashlights, intelligent storage, and integrated camping gear will appeal to outdoors-y types. It’s just a little delicate around the edges.

By Hannah Elliott

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ric-ingenuity-but-don-t-depend-on-it-for-work

If any of you guys have read what Sandy is talking about, it would be nice to share the gist of it without Rivian bashing.

Edit: I was able to read this article. There were more positive than negative comments and we already know most of it. It looks like they had a few failures on the trip but nothing major.

Last edited:

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Sandy sounded biased a bit and like he was getting ready for some negative reviews. He mentioned a Bloomberg analysis of Rivian (min 11:40). I am not sure which one he is talking about.

Found one behind a paywall:

The $73,000 Electric Rivian R1T Is Cute, But It’s Not a Work Truck

Clever gimmicks like hidden flashlights, intelligent storage, and integrated camping gear will appeal to outdoors-y types. It’s just a little delicate around the edges.

By Hannah Elliott

If any of you guys have read what Sandy is talking about, it would be nice to share the gist of it without Rivian bashing.
I'm not sure, but actually took away that he is impressed with what he's seen so far and he's generally in the camp of the EV startups are going to wipe the floor with the legacy OEMs. He's pretty negative about the entire makeup of the legacy automakers.

That Bloomberg headline and article in general is the odd one where both sides read it and say, "Yes, exactly, couldn't agree more". It's not a work truck, which is exactly what is right with it and wrong with it depending on the audience.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I'm not sure, but actually took away that he is impressed with what he's seen so far and he's generally in the camp of the EV startups are going to wipe the floor with the legacy OEMs. He's pretty negative about the entire makeup of the legacy automakers.

That Bloomberg headline and article in general is the odd one where both sides read it and say, "Yes, exactly, couldn't agree more". It's not a work truck, which is exactly what is right with it and wrong with it depending on the audience.
I am not saying this is what Sandy was talking about and don't know the content of the article. That is why I asked the question.

Sandy: "Took the Rivian out and tore it to pieces he/she actually went down Rubicon trail and the tires blew out and all kinds of stuff....they kicked the S. out of that car ... and I know that nobody will give me one"

You can take that as a positive comment. I didn't. We will find out what he meant when he gets one.

That really does not matter much to me because mine would spend very little time off road and when it does, it will be mild. In fact I am getting the road tires but a lot of people watch his videos and it matters what he thinks even when he is drunk.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I am not saying this is what Sandy was talking about and don't know the content of the article. That is why I asked the question.

Sandy: "Took the Rivian out and tore it to pieces he/she actually went down Rubicon trail and the tires blew out and all kinds of stuff....they kicked the S. out of that car ... and I know that nobody will give me one"

You can take that as a positive comment. I didn't. We will find out what he meant when he gets one.

That really does not matter much to me because mine would spend very little time off road and when it does, it will be mild. In fact I am getting the road tires but a lot of people watch his videos and it matters what he thinks even when he is drunk.
Yeah, I took it as him saying, they beat it up so much the tires blew out. As in, that rarely happens with press vehicles. Either way, he's just commenting about other people's experience that we've all seen for ourselves.

Just like you, I rest assured that a vehicle designed to be an off roader will never touch anything more than gravel for me, so I think it will do just fine. I'll get road tires on the S, and AT's on the truck, but only because that is the only way it looks right to me aesthetically.

He is just like the grandpa at the holidays that you're always on edge of what he'll say next. He's done some videos that were live streamed, but his team but the kibosh on those I think.
Sponsored

Reactions: Max