Sponsored

Dumb Question: How do you set home location?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Apologies for the stupid question...

I have my gear guard set to activate when *away from home*. But, it seems to not record anything on that setting. I'm guessing it's because it doesn't know where "home" is.

Anyone know how to let the vehicle know when it's home vs when it's not? Is there somewhere I should be entering my home address?
Sponsored

Last edited:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Apologies for the stupid question...

I have my gear guard set to activate when *away from home*. But, it seems to not record anything on that setting. I'm guessing it's because it doesn't know where "home" is.

Anyone know how to let the vehicle know when it's home vs when it's not? Is there somewhere I should be entering my home address?
And an odd on, can you set multiple home locations?

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Delivery person seemed to think it worked off the address tied to your account. I have not found another way yet. Seems like with this new OTA they will have a way to set it with the added proximity off geofenced area called home.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

You are not alone, I have been trying to figure out an answer to this as well to no avail.

OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
The release notes for the latest OTA update mention setting your home address in the navigation app. I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Took me forever to realize it would be in the favorite list too. Not sure why I refused to look there.

Last edited:

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Tool me forever to realize it would be in the favorite list too. Not sure why I refused to look there.
Or instead of clicking: "Alexa, directions to home."

Sponsored

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
I know this is a REALLY old thread, but it seemed pertinent to what we just experienced with our new R1S.

We set up gear guard to be on except when home. Had it charged to 70 percent yesterday and put about 60-70 miles on it over the course of the day. Woke up this morning and it was at 30%!!! The only thing we could think of is gear guard, as we didn't have any keys or phones near the rig in the garage over the night last night...

OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I know this is a REALLY old thread, but it seemed pertinent to what we just experienced with our new R1S.

We set up gear guard to be on except when home. Had it charged to 70 percent yesterday and put about 60-70 miles on it over the course of the day. Woke up this morning and it was at 30%!!! The only thing we could think of is gear guard, as we didn't have any keys or phones near the rig in the garage over the night last night...
What was the state of charge when you parked it for the night? Your numbers actually don't seem like too crazy of a loss. In the cold, and running around town I get somewhere around 1.5 miles per KwH. So 70 miles would equate to using around 47 KwH during the day. At 70% SoC, you'd have been at around 91 KwH to start the day. You then may have used ~ 47KwH driving, leaving you with 44 KwH. 44 KwH is ~34% SoC assuming a useable total KwH of 130.

So, overnight you would have lost ~4%. Not great by any means, but not totally crazy either.

Someone check me on my math.

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
good point! I have no idea but I think it will take me some time to wrap my mind around staying between 70-30 percent on a daily basis. LOL. Of course this won't matter once we get our charger installed (still waiting).
Sponsored